Considering Purchasing a Tucson

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Family Man

Post by Family Man »

Good morning, I am considering purchasing a second hand Tucson (UK). 2019/2020 reg. Manual gears. What are the things I should look out for and be aware of. It'll be a family car - so needs to be practical. Have children/teenagers so needs to be able to survive wear and tear. Key thing I am looking for is reliability, ease of maintenance and usability. Any tips or advice welcome - or suggestions for alternatives. Thank you for any help and advice.

old man

Post by old man »

As well as any advice from owners here, you might find the info in this link useful.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/hyundai/tucson/2015/
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
ravenwest

Post by ravenwest »

I bought a 2019 SE NAV in early Feb and to date it has been utterly reliable. It has all I need for where I go and what I do.I did have a bit of an embarrassing moment when I took it back to the dealer because the steering felt wrong.He turned the LKA off.I don't think I will ever use it again.The stop start can be annoying so I turn that off as soon as I start the car.I think it is one of the best cars I've ever owned.
2020 se nav gdi.
I also have Honda VTR 1000 that I use for weekend ride outs and a KTM 250 for green laning
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

We rented one in australia (2019 model) and it was superb. Which is why, when I was changing my car, I got one (2022 model).

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

alan sh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:25 am We rented one in australia (2019 model) and it was superb. Which is why, when I was changing my car, I got one (2022 model).

Alan
Ditto. I hired one in the uk for a roadtrip. It was brandnew just off a transporter at Enterprise. 48V with nav 2020 model so must have been close to last of the previous model. Fully laden , passengers and luggage and I couldn't fault it.

I too based my new car decision on 10days worth of driving one. I have a friend with a 2019 petrol model who uses it for frequent roadtrips to Scotland and with its 7 speed auto gets better mpg than my hybrid at 70+.
Garyc

Post by Garyc »

We have just traded in a 21 reg shadow grey n line manual love it so much got same colour but went for n line s hybrid. But wished we had kept the manual was nicer to drive. Find the auto just don’t go up and down gears very good

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post