Yet Another Newbie

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
domestoz

Post by domestoz »

Got the car yesterday, and the red stickers were left on wheels.

Got the boot liner from carmats4u.com.
It's more plastic than rubber, seems a bit expensive for being plastic, but will the job so thanks for recommendation.

I've also ordered the screen protector as recommended. As you guys know its massive finger print magnet.
Again thanks for the recommendation.

The first impressions with the family are not so good compared to CR-V.
Road noise is massively louder, especially today with rain. Sound insulation is poor. People thought I left a window open somewhere, including loud water noise coming from wheel arches. I was only doing 20 mph.
The boot is understandably smaller.
The overall car inside and out feels smaller,
the better half has said its feels tiny inside.
Lumps and bumps are felt a bit harsh, including speed humps.

The tech is cool.
My daughter prefers the look of the Tucson over the CR-V, so that's a positive.
The sound system is good.

I'm being pressured to get rid of it already, and only had it a day.

Hopefully as the week progresses their mind will change.
2023 N LINE S Hybrid 230

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Did you test drive one before purchase, as the size comparisons you make would have been obvious.

You also need to give it more time. It is a great car, and I’m sure it will grow on you and yours.
domestoz

Post by domestoz »

Yes. Test drove a premium non hybrid whilst it was dry.

I like the car personally, just posting observations.
I like the way it looks, the tech, the hybrid engine engine compared to diesel is a revelation.

Like any change of vehicle, it just takes some time to adjust, I guess.
2023 N LINE S Hybrid 230
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

I came to Hyundai after 3 BMW’s. Obviously different, but the cost of ownership savings and tech can’t be ignored.

It did take time to adjust, but I’m really happy with my choice.
XADE

Post by XADE »

It's also almost the exact same size car looking at the length and wheel base size. It certainly feels bigger than my Qashqai was, and the comfort levels are better than a family member's CR-V.

Opinions are fine, but do YOU like it. I think it's fantastic.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
domestoz

Post by domestoz »

I think part of the perceived size difference in the cabin is down to the sculpted front and sides of it, especially the ergonomic way it moulds around the driver.
The cr-v is certainly more of a straight line, giving the impression of more interior space rather than the cosseted curved Tucson dash.
2023 N LINE S Hybrid 230
Garyc

Post by Garyc »

We have had our new n line s hybrid almost 3weeks now and overall a bit disappointed really. We had a nline manual for 2years and loved it so much we upgraded even got the same colour shadow grey but wether I just prefer manual I’m not sure yet but cant get away it screaming when going up hill like it’s stuck in 2 nd gear. I’d even say it’s a bit embarrassing I used the paddle shift but just goes back to original gear. So apart from the automatic tail gate I preferred my manual much better
Beards

Post by Beards »

domestoz wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:28 pm I think part of the perceived size difference in the cabin is down to the sculpted front and sides of it, especially the ergonomic way it moulds around the driver.
The cr-v is certainly more of a straight line, giving the impression of more interior space rather than the cosseted curved Tucson dash.
The CR-V according to https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php shows it to be slightly larger overall to the Tucson.

1CE3018A-1A56-4018-A2CA-49804D70DA0A.jpeg

Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views