Cover for two electric bikes on a tow bar carrier.

The place to discuss everything else..
old man

Post by old man »

As per the title, I'm I'm going to be carrying two electric bikes on a tow bar mounted carrier soon. As far as I'm aware, getting water into the electric components and the computer is a bad idea so I want to cover the bikes whilst in transit.
Anybody have any recommendations for a decent quality cover at an affordable price ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've never done that. What I did was take the batteries off and get a mate to make a 3d cover for the connector point. Works like a dream.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 pm I've never done that. What I did was take the batteries off and get a mate to make a 3d cover for the connector point. Works like a dream.

Alan
Any pics Alan ? What did you do about waterproofing the computers or the terminals they slit into ?
XADE

Post by XADE »

The first thing that springs to mind would be to use a large BBQ cover, that would fully cover the bike, and most have a pull-tie to secure in place.

Maybe a bit of Alan's idea plus something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Estefanlo-Barb ... C81&sr=1-3
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

old man wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 pm
alan sh wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:33 pm I've never done that. What I did was take the batteries off and get a mate to make a 3d cover for the connector point. Works like a dream.

Alan
Any pics Alan ? What did you do about waterproofing the computers or the terminals they slit into ?
I didn't do anything about waterproofing the rest of the bike. It's designed to go off road so it should be able to handle rain & spray. I'll see if I can get some pics.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:48 am
old man wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 pm

Alan
I didn't do anything about waterproofing the rest of the bike. It's designed to go off road so it should be able to handle rain & spray. I'll see if I can get some pics.
Thanks Alan, don't bother with pics then. Our bikes are not off roaders so won't be as waterproof as yours. I'll continue to look for a full cover.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post