Picked up my car today

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

Hyundai Tucson Ultimate petrol only version in shimmering silver.

Didn't have the long wait like others as ordered one that was already in port (was my second choice of colour, wanted dark knight but didn't want the wait).

I'm going to look through the manuals tonight but one quick stupid question which I've tried to look for already but with no joy:

Does the car lock automatically when you walk away from it or is there any way of getting it to do that? My old car (Mazda3) had keyless entry and keyless stop/start but would also lock when I closed the door and walked away from it.

Obviously being used to it doing that I've walked away from it twice and don't think it has locked, luckily I can do it on my phone now. Wondered if there was a way to get it to do it automatically or am I going to have to relearn to not just walk away!

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

No, there is no way to have the vehicle lock automatically. Just need to train your memory!
AlexTUK

Post by AlexTUK »

Ah cheers, thought so as couldn't find it in the settings. My mazda didn't lock automatically when driving which I found strange, now have one that locks when driving but not when leaving
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

AlexTUK wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:45 pm Ah cheers, thought so as couldn't find it in the settings. My mazda didn't lock automatically when driving which I found strange, now have one that locks when driving but not when leaving
Majority of the time I use the small button on the door handle to both lock and unlock. Saves having to take the key outta your pocket.
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

IngerzSH wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 pm
AlexTUK wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:45 pm Ah cheers, thought so as couldn't find it in the settings. My mazda didn't lock automatically when driving which I found strange, now have one that locks when driving but not when leaving
Majority of thd time I use the small button on the door handle to both lock and unlock. Saves having to take the key outta your pocket.
Cannot remember the last time i took the keys out of my pocket to use on the car!
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

when I approach the car with key in pocket mirrors pop out and I press button on door handle to open and when getting out press door handle button mirrors pop in.
roadster

Post by roadster »

Although it doesn't lock you do get a message from the Bluelink app telling you it isn't locked. Also if you unlock the car but don't open the door it will relock after a short time.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Philr

Post by Philr »

And don't forget that when the summer arrives you can open all the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button on the remote.
Similarly you can close them all by pressing the lock button.
If nothing else it impresses the peeps parked next to us in a B&Q car park when I did it with a previous car :-)
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post