New Tucson arrived….. but Refused!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Beards

Post by Beards »

EJH wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:23 pm Jeez I feel your pain! If this doesn't deserve a full set of free internal extras plus full free service plan, I don't know what does. All the best.
👍
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

I refused a Cortina back in the day after waiting 6 months, it came with a blue interior that looked awful.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Beards wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:04 pm
XADE wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm After a cool-off period, wouldn't you be able to just go with the black instead? I can't think that the a cars interior colour would be worth 18months of anyone's time.

At least, that's the way I hope I'd feel after pure raging! Surely they need to offer you some sort of alternative deal.
The car was sold to another dealer WITHIN AN HOUR but I would have never taken the black irrespective of delay times. It wasn’t rage…. Just a simple controlled response was given.
Still waiting to hear back from the dealer after they talk with Hyundai UK.
However, I am not seeing much love especially when they can sell (and probably made a profit) vehicles so quickly.
Fair play. I was also pretty worried about receiving mine as it's the first car I've had where I didn't even test drive the same model before it arrived on my doorstep! I do think though, having owned the car for 7months I'd take it in either interior, or another colour, as I absolutely love it.

I hope you get sorted out.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Beards

Post by Beards »

XADE wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:44 pm
Fair play. I was also pretty worried about receiving mine as it's the first car I've had where I didn't even test drive the same model before it arrived on my doorstep! I do think though, having owned the car for 7months I'd take it in either interior, or another colour, as I absolutely love it.

I hope you get sorted out.
Thanks XADE. 👍
I’ll feel happier once I hear back from Hyundai UK.
Beards

Post by Beards »

Okay… Now I am confused!!!
Whilst I am awaiting the outcome of what went wrong with my order I have been given confirmation by the dealer my new order has been accepted.
According to the screen grab from the order I have the following on order:-
TUCSON PHEV ULTIMATE 265PS 4WD TP23.1 | External: AMAZON GREY |INTERNAL: MOSS GREY |.
So this to me tells me it’s an Ultimate Plug-In Hybrid + Tech Pack in Amazon Grey with Moss Grey interior… So far so good.
However, if you go to Hyundai UK and go to ‘Configure’, I now note that Moss Grey interior is NON SELECTABLE with any Tech Pack!
I have tried contacting the dealer this morning but the chap who took my order is not in today and the remaining staff would rather leave any questions to him given what has recently happened.
As such……. Guys, what am I getting wrong?
Big S

Post by Big S »

I have just been on the configurator myself and what you are saying appears to be true, this could explain why the car you refused turned up with the Black interior. If this is the case then your dealer obviously didn't know this either or omitted to tell you many months ago that you couldn't have Moss Grey interior with the Tech Pack. Does seem a bit strange but hopefully you will find out tomorrow.
Beards

Post by Beards »

Big S wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:38 pm I have just been on the configurator myself and what you are saying appears to be true, this could explain why the car you refused turned up with the Black interior. If this is the case then your dealer obviously didn't know this either or omitted to tell you many months ago that you couldn't have Moss Grey interior with the Tech Pack. Does seem a bit strange but hopefully you will find out tomorrow.
Many thanks for confirming this.
Why on Earth Moss Grey is only allowed on Ultimates WITHOUT the Tech Pack is unexplainable.

It tells me everything but explains nothing.
Big S

Post by Big S »

I had a bit of time on my hands so I just waded through God knows how many forum pages under the heading "Surely the year I get my new car both 2022 and 2023" I only came across 2 people that have a PHEV in Grey they are" Joolstdi "who has Dark Knight with Tech pack but doesn't mention his interior colour and "Thegoodly" with the same but doesn't say whether he has Tech pack or what his interior colour is. The vast majority of users on here have HEV's either Ultimate or N Line's which may answer the HEV vs PHEV'S thread that sales of PHEV's are a lot lower than the HEV's in the U.K.
I know my findings are of little consolation to you but I really, really hope for your sake you can get the colour combination you want by talking to your Salesman tomorrow, because if not you may have to have a black interior car to be able to have Amazon Grey and the Tech Pack, which you have just refused.
Beards

Post by Beards »

Big S wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:10 pm I had a bit of time on my hands so I just waded through God knows how many forum pages under the heading "Surely the year I get my new car both 2022 and 2023" I only came across 2 people that have a PHEV in Grey they are" Joolstdi "who has Dark Knight with Tech pack but doesn't mention his interior colour and "Thegoodly" with the same but doesn't say whether he has Tech pack or what his interior colour is. The vast majority of users on here have HEV's either Ultimate or N Line's which may answer the HEV vs PHEV'S thread that sales of PHEV's are a lot lower than the HEV's in the U.K.
I know my findings are of little consolation to you but I really, really hope for your sake you can get the colour combination you want by talking to your Salesman tomorrow, because if not you may have to have a black interior car to be able to have Amazon Grey and the Tech Pack, which you have just refused.
Thanks again for taking all that time going through those two topics, appreciated.
The irony is as you say I may well end up in several months time back to exactly where I started.

The darkness of the Amazon Grey with Black interior did make the car appear very dark inside.
Granted it was an overcast day and with the sunroof closed didn’t help.

If I end up with only black leather then maybe again I need to look at a lighter exterior colour, or kill the idea of the Tech Pack. This though I don’t want to do, given my wife is looking forward in getting the car out from a tight spot with her controlling its movement out of the vehicle.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Don't give up with the tech pack. I find the extras invaluable.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post