Liking the new KONA.....

The place to discuss everything else..
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

The new Kona is looking interesting, if...... the features advertised come to the UK - unlock with Apple Watch for one.... a proper HUD...
Think it might be our next car.....

Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Agree. Really like the styling direction. Kona Electric does look nice. Auto Express preview talks it up too. Will pop into my local dealer, when it’s available to compare to the Tucson.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Love the tech inside, but not a fan of the exterior, much like the front of the current one it's pretty ugly and the rear..
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 487

This seems to be the general direction Hyundai styling is headed. A few of their new and refreshed non UK models follow this style.

Let’s see if a refreshed Tucson adopts the same styling, which I for one quite like.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

richarde wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:22 pm Agree. Really like the styling direction. Kona Electric does look nice. Auto Express preview talks it up too.
Do you have a link for that at all?
Deleted User 487

EJH

Post by EJH »

Interior is very nice. I can't however, get the image of the original Tucson out of my head when looking at the external images.
Bland front end & the sides look un-modern to me. Hey-ho, each to there own.

new_kona_05q.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
XADE

Post by XADE »

EJH wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:35 pm Interior is very nice. I can't however, get the image of the original Tucson out of my head when looking at the external images.
I think this is probably why I dislike the exterior too, it seems to hark back to the older models, the type of styling on the original Ioniq.

The new Tucson has some lovely curves and looks like a presence on the road, I think the Kona styling goes the other way a bit.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

EJH wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:35 pm Interior is very nice. I can't however, get the image of the original Tucson out of my head when looking at the external images.
I'm gonna reserve actual judgement until I see the car in the flesh. When I saw the images and video from the Korean unveiling of a pearl red nline model, I thought it looked great. However, the light blue colour and wheel design in these images does nothing for the car.

I do expect some of the interior design cues to carry through to any facelifted Tucson but I hope they don't mess with the Tucson externals too much and certainly can't see any carry over from the Kona that would suit a Tucson. The Kona in fact has got some of the cues from the curremt Tucson with the side slashes/creases ... not shown up too well on the light blue car.

The EV Kona is estimated to be £38k which along with most full EVs is just too expensive. Its £5-6k more before discount than the new MG4 long range EV. It will be interesting to get the current crop of EVs within this sector compared/tested againt the Kona to see how they fair.

One thing that is odd with the Kona EV is that it does not come with fast charge capability so its a 400 volt rather than 800 volt architecture like the Ioniq5/6.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

richarde wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:27 am Here you go https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/k ... d-versions
My thanks, appreciaetd.