2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
mah006

Post by mah006 »

My neighbour ordered an Ultimate Phev beginning of December & they have been told theirs would be delivered to dealer 1st week of March 2022
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey

Remers

Post by Remers »

I'm in the UK and placed my order for an Ultimate Tech pack PHEV on the 15th November and I've not heard a thing from my dealership so far. They originally stated late March but it's all gone very quiet so I'll be chasing them up shortly and will add further info when I get it.
Proud owner of a Tucson Ultimate PHEV with Tech Pack in Teal
Ordered on: 15th November 2021 and collected on the 1st April 2022 (4 months and 16 days or 137 days later)
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

I ordered on the 7th of August, and i don't think it's been built yet. Been told its due its at sea for the last 3 months by the dealer, so it must have spent 3 months at sea.

Ultimate HEV with Tech Pack
dunzer

Post by dunzer »

AnnE13 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:17 pm
ashm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm I'm another anxious customer here awaiting my Tuscon Hybrid Ultimate 2WD Auto (Shimmering Silver), so I thought I'd jump on this too...

Just to paint a picture here of my scenario...

I had my 2019 Tuscon Premium SE stolen a month ago. The car was found a few days later in an accident.
On xmas eve, I found out the car is a total write-off.

I was desperate for a car (as now we have none), and we loved this car so much, I decided to order a new Tusco Ultimate (i.e. equivalent'ish of the Premium SE).

After calling tonnes of dealerships including my local one (where I ordered my original 2019 Tuscon), Most dealers told me it would be a factory order, with a wait of around 6 months at least. No one has stock (that's not already been sold).

In the end, I manage to find a dealer 100 miles away who had some on order (the colour and spec I wanted), so I ordered it last week. They've told me they have had it on order since the end of October 2021. It should be built by the end of January and arrive at the dealer at some point in February. They have told me to wait until March (the earliest).

I am just wondering how accurate all of this is, or if I will be waiting the 6 months at least?!
We ordered our N line S in November and have been told to expect in 1st week in Feb. Central Scotland. That update was just before Christmas.
We are the same as AnnE13,N line S ordered in November and due first week of Feb now,also in Scotland so maybe on the same ship.This first new order car we have had,was surprised did not have to leave a deposit of some amount,is this normal?
Did see my first N line on the road yesterday,shadow grey one.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Really don't get Hyundais system, I am on order since 25th august and last estimated date was end of Jan yet orders going in in November are also being told end of Jan and others who ordered October are getting cars by mid Jan?!
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Dunzer the way we were told it was this. There were three cars to the spec and colour we wanted on a shipment due in Feb. To secure one we paid £500 deposit. The next shipment would not have been till May….too long to wait.
When we agreed to pay the deposit next day there were only two of the same spec cars available. Everything was done over the phone but we received an email about a week after placing the order to say they had a date of 1st week in Feb. Haven’t heard anything further but will post on here if we do.
ashm

Post by ashm »

Quinn010 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:18 pm You've had some bad luck there :( From what I've read circa 3 months for the ultimate seems to be accurate so in your case end of Jan seems viable. The N line range seems to have the longest waiting times.
Thanks. That's a bit of hope at least. :)
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
swiftly72

Post by swiftly72 »

Quinn010 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:16 pm Really don't get Hyundais system, I am on order since 25th august and last estimated date was end of Jan yet orders going in in November are also being told end of Jan and others who ordered October are getting cars by mid Jan?!
My delivery dates are around yours for the N Line S, Hyundai UK have told me its at sea the other day and the dealer got in touch on Tuesday to say the cars been built end of Dec and would be docking in the UK this week, so maybe all the N Line S's are on the ship that docked today at Tilbury. We'll see.
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

What i think might have happened to cause the delay is that Hyundai stopped producing the 2021 tucson in about september and decided to wait to build orders placed after august as the 2022 tucson. Which for my ultimate became a november build month, that really became december/january

If this is the case, i dont mind, i just wish they would say, and give the dealer the correct information rather than telling the dealer it was already on a ship since mid November.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

swiftly72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:59 pm
Quinn010 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:16 pm Really don't get Hyundais system, I am on order since 25th august and last estimated date was end of Jan yet orders going in in November are also being told end of Jan and others who ordered October are getting cars by mid Jan?!
My delivery dates are around yours for the N Line S, Hyundai UK have told me its at sea the other day and the dealer got in touch on Tuesday to say the cars been built end of Dec and would be docking in the UK this week, so maybe all the N Line S's are on the ship that docked today at Tilbury. We'll see.
That's great news for you. Last update thur 30th for me was 'built within the next 2 weeks'. Just wish they would give you an actual confirmed build week at least. Keep me updated.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post