New software Nov23

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

You are right.

Downloading now
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

miguelinho2910

Post by miguelinho2910 »

Hi guys

I'm trying to update my software (I'll hold my hands up, I never got round to doing a few of the previous updates, I think it's a late 2020 version currently installed, albeit I only got the car in December 2021). I've downloaded the most recent update onto a USB through the software Hyundai provide but I've been sat staring at the screen below for the past 30 minutes now, this the second attempt after trying to restart the process after waiting 15 minutes

20230202_175545.jpg

Any ideas, please? I'm in a 2021 Hybrid. Thanks.
old man

Post by old man »

miguelinho2910 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:01 pm Hi guys

I'm trying to update my software (I'll hold my hands up, I never got round to doing a few of the previous updates, I think it's a late 2020 version currently installed, albeit I only got the car in December 2021). I've downloaded the most recent update onto a USB through the software Hyundai provide but I've been sat staring at the screen below for the past 30 minutes now, this the second attempt after trying to restart the process after waiting 15 minutes

20230202_175545.jpg

What size memory stick did you use and did the download onto it complete properly ?
If so, when you plug the memory stick into the left hand side USB socket, ideally the engine should be running, but this is not absolutely necessary as long as your 12V battery has enough charge.
It takes a while for the download to take place, probably an hour or more once you followed the onscreen instructions. You should not have gotten impatient and interrupted the process and I hope you haven't corrupted the process.
With mine, I switched the car on, plugged in the memory stick, followed the onscreen instructions and once the download began, I switched off the car and left the download to its own devices. When I returned ti the car a couple of hours later, the download was complete.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
mah006

Post by mah006 »

miguelinho2910 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:01 pm Hi guys

20230202_175545.jpg

My last update took over an hour & the validation of files can take at least 45 minutes sometimes
Just be patient
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
terryp

Post by terryp »

Yes, the "validating files" part can take at least 45 minutes to complete. Following that part you will be able to see the progress of the update with a horizontal bar showing the update in percentages.
Patience is the word.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Sloss69

Post by Sloss69 »

I think it means Model Year 2022
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

I can't even download the files.....

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 17.17.50.jpg

Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

dbrewood wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:25 pm I can't even download the files.....
Clearly, there is an issue that needs to be resolved before you can make headway with the update. I don’t know what that is but I’m sure you will get it sorted, perhaps with the right help.

Yesterday, I downloaded the files straight on to a 64Gb USB drive plugged into my MacBook Pro. It was dreadfully slow (possibly because of my steam-driven Wi-Fi)🤔 but I was able to set it in motion and then leave the machinery to do its own thing. On completion, I switched on the ignition in the Tucson and plugged in the USB drive. I followed the instructions and was surprised to be offered the opportunity of (a) downloading the file package straightaway or (b) performing it after the car is switched off. I don’t remember that option from the previous system update but it’s possible I just missed it. I’m sure other early adopters already know this.

Having opted for the latter, after a brief hiatus the download commenced. When that had completed, the validation part followed. I sat and looked at the screen and could see a progress bar seemingly stuck on zero %. Reluctant to stop anything that was going on but invisible to me, I sat for what seemed like an eternity but was probably no more than 10 minutes. Suddenly, there was movement and slowly, the figure on the progress bar began to climb. I didn’t time it but I think from making the selection, it probably took about half an hour to finally complete. On switching on the ignition and selecting the relevant page I was able to see that the latest system files were in place.

The ‘improvements’ or ‘innovations’ contained in the update aren’t exactly life-changing so I don’t expect to have anything pop up on my screen while driving that makes me go “Waow!”

Good luck getting your downloading issue sorted..
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Still no joy here. I've modified the network to use a different DNS system, rebooted the router, turned off the firewall (temporarily), tried both the M2 Mac Mini, the Intel Mini and still no go.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Well in desperation I created a new user on the Mac Mini without signing in with an Apple ID. I ran the updater and this time it prompted me for app settings and it’s now 56% of the way through downloading the update.
Not elegant but at least it looks like I have a solution.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post