Front drivers side brake pad rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
IainA

Post by IainA »

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help here because I'm at a loose end.

When I brake, one of the front wheels sounds as if the brake pad gets loose and rattles, I can also feel a vibration / kicking on the foot pedal when it happens. It is not constant throughout the braking cycle, however it happens 9 out of 10 times when I break. I have had it checked out at a mechanics, the brake discs and brake pads are in good condition, they looked over steering and suspension and could find nothing wrong. Brake pipes have been bled also. They said just to let the fault develop but it has just stayed the same for months.

Strange thing is it passed its MOT (UK) so it is braking effectively enough. I'm just worried that something bad will happen at some point and also fed up with everyone turning to look at my Tucson when I am breaking due to the noise :(

I'd really appreciate any thoughts or if someone has had this issue before.

Thanks,

Iain

Philr

Post by Philr »

What car and how many miles on it and the pads/discs?
Have you had the pads out as it may be a stone caught in there.
Before that find somewhere quiet and reverse as fast as you can and brake hard, and I mean stand on them. You may need to do this a few times.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

If everything else checks out ok then possible ABS sensor problem? This can cause pulsating/instability on the affected wheel.
Tucson SE Connect 1.6 TGDI Manual, Shimmering Silver
IainA

Post by IainA »

Philr wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:21 am What car and how many miles on it and the pads/discs?
Have you had the pads out as it may be a stone caught in there.
Before that find somewhere quiet and reverse as fast as you can and brake hard, and I mean stand on them. You may need to do this a few times.
It's a Tucson HE 2016, 50K miles. The discs were changed 8K miles ago and the pads just done (it was doing the rattling before the new discs were put in). I tried the reverse thing but just the same, thanks for the info though, I am up for trying anything right now!
IainA

Post by IainA »

Toucan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:39 pm If everything else checks out ok then possible ABS sensor problem? This can cause pulsating/instability on the affected wheel.
Yes, thanks. I am worried it is something like that as I don't really want to have to take it to a dealership repair because of the cost. Might have no choice though!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post