Rear Parking Sensor Alarm

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Hello to all,

I am one day short of having my new Tucson for a whole week. I am like most of you loving my new car which has surprised me as I moved from a new shape (2019) Audi A7. I am trying to get to know what all the tech is and have come across something that i cant find a solution to. The reverse sensor beep is so very quite and doesn’t get louder? I have gone into the section on the system and ensured it is on high but still the same. Funny thing is when i put it back into drive (it is an auto) the final beep is loud?

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Dave

Dark Knight Pearl Hybrid (230) Ultimate with Tech Pack

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

My reversing noise is quiet inside the car, but sounds louder outside. The final 'bleep' is just it telling you it's in Drive mode now - nothing to do with the reversing noise.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Hi Alan, Thanks for the reply. I’m used to the reversing bleeps getting louder and closer together the nearer you reach an object your reversing to. Are you saying these are bleeps outside the vehicle to warn others that your reversing and not a parking aid? Cheers Dave
terryp

Post by terryp »

When you engage Reverse there is a continuous Beep which is quite quiet but can be just heard in the cabin. In addition there is a louder beep from one of the rear sensors if you approach an object. This can be confirmed on the dash. It will show which sensor has been activated by showing an amber "quadrant" at the appropriate position of the sensor.
Hope this makes sense.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Thanks terryp, I will check that out as not heard the louder beep at all until it’s put into drive. I’ve checked all the obvious volume buttons in settings and ensured the rear parking aids are active. I’m sure it will be something obvious but any other vehicle I use it’s there warning you your getting to close to something without any fuss.
Cheers Dave
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Dave,

As Terry said (and I missed), there's 3 different beeps. For reversing, there's a soft 'bong bong' which is louder outside the car than inside. Then, there's the beep that sounds as you approach (slowly, I hope) an obstruction. This is louder than the external 'bongs' (do the driver) and has 3 stages - a slow beep, a fast beep and a continuous beeeeeeeep as you get closer to the object. The display should also change to show you where the obstruction is.
The third beep is when you change gear.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

Forget about other cars, the two replies above are spot on. If you're looking for something else you'll be disappointed.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Philr

Post by Philr »

Have a look at this :-

all be revealed although from a US perspective.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Thanks very much guys!

I had thought the low tone beeping was the rear distance sensor.

Kind regards Dave

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post