Fuel Lid Release

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
COYB

Post by COYB »

I had the problem of the fuel cap not springing open when I pressed the release button inside the car. Turns out that a spray of WD40 onto the inner concealed hinges (top and bottom) freed up the door so that it now springs open as normal. Obviously some grunge got in there - so while the release lock did its thing the door couldn't pop open.

Temporary work around to get the cap open until it can be lubricated: 1. get someone to press the release button once. You'll hear the latch click and the door will open ever so slightly. 2. pop a plastic card into the gap. 3 get the helper to press the release button again while you gently flick the door open with your piece of plastic. Then - lubricate the hinges and the latch bolt for a longer lasting fix.

2022 PHEV Hybrid with fuel cap on the near side and charging port on the off-side.

roadster

Post by roadster »

My PHEV has just had its first service and the filler flap problem was addressed under recall 20DC04. I'll report if there are further problems.
Tucson PHEV Premium
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Mine had been to the garage today, the fuel flap has allegedly been fixed but Hyundai wont replace the broken release handle under warranty because it a 'wear and tear item'.
Absolute BS service, wont be buying another Hyundai group car again thats for sure!
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
old man

Post by old man »

wont be buying another Hyundai group car again thats for sure!
Purely out of interest, which manufacturer will you head to next ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

old man wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:49 pm
Probably Volvo (almost bought an XC40 instead of a Tucson which in hindsight was probably a mistake).
Lexus or Land Rover would also be a decent option but they are about 50% more expensive!
Berty

Post by Berty »

Would you not consider a Tesla Model Y? Full Electric. BYD coming this year but if I wanted a Hybrid of sorts I'd be buying the Nissan Xtrail.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

My company don’t allow fully electric cars yet due to the mileage we cover, I think that will probably change fairly soon though.
I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about Tesla quality too, mind you Land Rover also come last on most reliability surveys.
The Model Y looks pretty good, tbh I thought they were about 100k but that seems to be the X
old man

Post by old man »

DrElectron wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:46 pm
old man wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:49 pm
Probably Volvo (almost bought an XC40 instead of a Tucson which in hindsight was probably a mistake).
Lexus or Land Rover would also be a decent option but they are about 50% more expensive!

I went through all this before alighting upon the Tucson.
Volvo; Expensive to service and repair and currently not a good reputation for reliability.
JLR; Like the look of some Jaguar cars, but expensive to buy and service and JLR has a shocking record for reliability, although Jaguar not so bad.
Lexus; Nearly went there based on reliabilty and dealer service, Not so keen on looks, both in and out, plus under the skin it's a Toyota. Nothing wrong with Toyota, but a little lacklustre.
German higher end manufacturers not mentioned , but as mentioned in another thread, I'm not paying £0000s for a badge.
Over and above all of these, and although it's a Hyundai by another name, I would have looked hard at Genesis had there been a nearby dealer.

Each to their own, but it's interesting to know what's on the radar of others.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I did look at a BMW and a Merc, their baseline price was ok but every single addition is another £x00 making one comparable to the Tucson literally £10k more expensive.
I was very close to buying the XC40 but preferred the looks of the Tucson internal and external. Would have loved a Lexus but as you mentioned quite bland and at the time there was no plug-in option.
Beards

Post by Beards »

DrElectron wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:29 pm I did look at a BMW and a Merc, their baseline price was ok but every single addition is another £x00 making one comparable to the Tucson literally £10k more expensive.
I was very close to buying the XC40 but preferred the looks of the Tucson internal and external. Would have loved a Lexus but as you mentioned quite bland and at the time there was no plug-in option.
Totally agree on the pricing from the German market. I had a small B200 new and the extras totalled nigh on £10,000. The XC60 was similar at £8,000 but being a bigger vehicle it felt I was getting more for my money 😂.
The Peugeot 3008 current vehicle only cost an extra £3,500 whilst the Tucson is a mere £1,500 for the Tech Pack.
With that pack I have more toys to keep everyone company than all the others put together.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post