Fuel filler cap - sticking

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ntaylo

Post by ntaylo »

Hi. On a recent visit to the petrol station I tried the dashboard fuel flap button about 10 times without success. I was nearly ready to give up when it popped open on the next button press. I know the manual warns about a wait of up to 20 seconds for fuel pressure release but my experience suggests an issue with the flap sticking. Wondered if any other Tucson Hybrid / PHEV owners had experienced problems with the fuel filler cap sticking?

NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I have the Hybrid and was not aware there was a fuel flap button on the dash, I just press the flap itself and it pops open I then unscrew the filler cap and fill up.
ntaylo

Post by ntaylo »

NoTwOld wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:33 pm I have the Hybrid and was not aware there was a fuel flap button on the dash, I just press the flap itself and it pops open I then unscrew the filler cap and fill up.
Thanks for your input. Perhaps the dashboard button is restricted to PHEV models.
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

I have the PHEV and found the flap was sticking when new, a few drops of oil around the plastic locking mechanism did the trick. You cannot open the flap whilst the PHEV is charging.
ntaylo

Post by ntaylo »

AndyThornton wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:53 am I have the PHEV and found the flap was sticking when new, a few drops of oil around the plastic locking mechanism did the trick. You cannot open the flap whilst the PHEV is charging.
Thanks for the tip - I'll try some oil.
Zacdust

Post by Zacdust »

Just had same problem with my 2022 phev dealer said a known problem,a bolt needs to be taken off and shortened! 2 hour warranty job but works fine now
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post