Newbie(ish) with a New Order

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Berty

Post by Berty »

So, hello, I have had an iX35 in the past, both a commercial and a passenger vehicle but what we call in Ireland "Paddy Spec". I have recently ordered a Tucson with a 5 month lead time. :shock:

I have spent the passed 6 years in a Seat which has given me absolutely ZERO issues. I will be sad to see it go but granted I will have it for many months before this Hyundai even turns up. I was close to committing on a Cupra Formentor but frankly they just cannot even vaguely commit to a build date and I had that ordered since July 22. I gave zero money down on it so they will still receive it and somebody will snap their fingers off to buy it. For the money it was in and around the same price but as there was a manufacturing bonus of 2k the repayments would have been lower. Then again why have 2k bonus when you cannot even build or get a car?

I have now ordered a Black, Executive Plus(Ireland Spec) in a PHEV. It has less options than the UK Spec but like many other cars over the years that has always been the same. Our extra taxes means it keeps driving prices up so more stuff equals more coins. It would be hard to compare this to other countries Specs but, outside of the N Line it is the top specification they can offer me with a PHEV.

Yes I could get a quicker car with a diesel manual or with a Hybrid but didn't want either. I couldn't get black leather with black as they cannot even see that option on their system so Black Exterior with Grey Leather, hardly the disappointing choice to be left with. When I told the dealer I had looked up the spec of the UK models he said "bet, you're sorry you did that!" and he was correct.

Dealer experience was mixed. I tried one dealership twice over the past few weeks. First time they said you'd better sell the car yourself to get the best value(I believe them but I don't want to), the dealer I went with valued my car (I would say accurately) and I gave the first dealer another go who offered me 3,000 less than the other when they did bother to value it. Crazy difference.

I have already booked a trip to France in it already for next year so would want to arrive before the ferry departs in June. :lol:
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Going by others on here, if you get it within 5 months you'll be one of the lucky ones. Especially when it comes to the hybrid models.
Mines is just the standard petrol variant and it was 6 months for me.
As for your colours, mine is black with the moss grey interior and i love it. Looks lovely due to the contrasting tones.
Fingers crossed you get it in the time scale promised.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol
Berty

Post by Berty »

Oh I agree, the April is hopeful, could be May and could be June but that is a challenge for the dealer as my car is valued. Difficult conversation ahead if they look to re-value my car.
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Yeah when I got mine earlier this year the average wait time seemed to be 7 months on the HEV and PHEV. Might have changed now though I guess.

Good luck!
Berty

Post by Berty »

I always knew there would be a wait, knew this before every talking to any dealership about any brand as I considered most of them where money allowed. I was happy to accept a long lead time but the only brand that has a computer system that gives delivery dates(pie in the sky probably) are Hyundai in Ireland anyway. Didn't matter what colour I looked at they all said 25th April. I still remember the good old days when I was looking at one in 2016 and the guy said "oh, we can have it in that colour in about a week, they're just sitting outside Dublin waiting to be called down". My own car, I walked into a dealer and they said "It's sitting on a dock in Santander(Seat) so it'll be here when the ship picks it up if you want to give me a deposit now" and I ended up following the ship on a ship tracker(damn thing ended up floating off Holyhead for 2 days for some reason).

Honour my trade in price and I'll wait, that's where I am now.
olyius

Post by olyius »

Fingers crossed it takes what they say - I'm currently looking at it being a 12 month wait in total for the Petrol DCT model, pushed back month by month! Ordered end of Jan, current estimate is start of Jan...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post