New Owner questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

Hello, I took delivery of this Tuscon on Tuesday and so far I am very impressed :D
Just a couple of Rookie questions ,I have never driven a Phev before and the delivery driver was in a hurry :shock:
Can I choose to use the Petrol engine only with no battery assist :?: Thinking about warming the car up early doors
Do the mirrors not have the orange Led lights to warn of Blind spot dangers :?: (I realise the camera shows this area when I indicate)

Phantom Black Ultimate with Tech Pack Plug-in Hybrid
download/file.php?mode=view&id=598&sid= ... f7e08d979b

no plate.jpeg

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I don't know the answer to the first question. On mine for the blind spot warning, a red triangle will appear and the car will beep at you if you try and manoevre across when there's a car there.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Both the HEV and PHEV use the electric motor to pull away and help with rev matching during gear changes. The motor (front motor for PHEV) takes the place of the torque converter in a traditional auto.

For faster warm up of the engine you could select HEV mode instead of EV for a while. Also select Sport for even faster warm up!
roadster

Post by roadster »

It is not possible to prevent hybrid operation but the engine can be started when in Park by depressing the throttle pedal. I'm not sure that would be a good way of warming it up though. In colder weather the engine will run more often if the cabin heating requires it, and if you observe the engine temperature on the driver information screen you will find that once running at medium speeds and loads the temperature is maintained at just under 90 degrees. This is probably helped by the electronic management of coolant pump which only runs when needed.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Not that I have tried or intend to try it as it states 'for emission or maintenance purposes' rather than day to day use but this is in my HEV/PHEV manual.

20221105_120903.jpg

Philr

Post by Philr »

Don't you have heated seats and heated steering wheel in the Ultimate?
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
focusy

Post by focusy »

I don’t think that’s a ultimate, Has it got leather seats?
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

It's getting to that time of year where my PHEV automatically uses the engine on start up, even in EV mode until the cabin temperature is met. It also kicks in more often whilst driving during EV mode. I don't use sport mode but perhaps that may help too?
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've noticed that my HEV's fuel consumption has dropped a bit with the onset of winter. On a motorway drive that I do every week or so, in summer I'd get around 46-47 mpg, now I'm getting 42-43mpg.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

Thank you all for the replies, After a few more days with the car I can see now that the warm is is fine and the heated leather seats and S/wheel will help when it gets proper cold

Real shame I cannot start it remotely on a winters morning before venturing out to it, can I preheat if its on Charge? (i get a home ev fitted tomorrow)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post