Engine replacement following bearing failure - anyone else seen this? USA Recalls

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
ians12345

Post by ians12345 »

Hi,

We noticed a knocking noise from the engine of our 2017 car, but no other symptoms. Hyundai diagnosed a failed bearing and I now need to replace the engine at my cost. Has anybody else had this problem?
This appears to be a known issue in North America with a recall, but maybe manufacturing is different for the engines supplied here in the UK or Europe. Link to US recall: https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2021 ... ires.shtml

Appreciate any help/thoughts.

Ian

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hi. First question that leaps out is why are you having to pay? Isn't there a 5 yr warranty on your car?
ians12345

Post by ians12345 »

It missed a hyundai service
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Did it miss the service completely or was it serviced but not by Hyundai?
ians12345

Post by ians12345 »

Serviced not by Hyundai, but an engine bearing should not fail damaging the engine.
Has anyone experienced this?
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

As long as the service has been carried out by a professional I don't think a manufacturer can avoid the warranty just because the car has been serviced by a non-franchised garage. Have you had a word with your local council's trading standards dept or your local CAB?
Dubz

Post by Dubz »

Morning ians12345,
We have not had the bearing fail on our vehicle, but the main belt tensioner. So a complete engine strip is what has been advised. The problem is trying to follow thru on any Hyundai warranty claim is proving an uphill struggle. see my other post " Catastrophic Engine Failure"
We have faced a mountain of issues. The main one being that the main dealership in CREWE have not responded to any emails sent to them. Disgusting behaviour. They have totally washed their hands of our issues and questions posed to them.
If I were you, I would pursue a warranty claim directly by writing to Hyundai Motor UK Limited, Birchwood Building, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey. KT22 7LP, United Kingdom. This I believe is their head office.
Good luck with your problem, do feedback, let us know your progress
2020 Hyundai Tucson N-Line. MHEV CRDI2WD SA.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post