N Line S - wavey body kit on doors

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
XADE

Post by XADE »

Southern Lad wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:00 pm
XADE wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm
Al94 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:24 pm Was looking at N Line Tucsons at the dealers when last in and wasn't impressed with the finish of the painted trims, thought they looked like poorly painted after market additions. Glad I went for the Ultimate with the standard trims which I know some don't like either.
This is my thinking, I saw one recently that just didn't seem to fit correctly. Glad I went for the standard too now, awful.
To be fair the trims on mine are all fitted perfectly. As I mentioned I can see a slight orange peel effect if I crouch down and look at a specific angle. Otherwise you can't see it. If it was bad I would just get a Detailer on it but it's not. Perhaps I'm just lucky or for others with bad ones unlucky???
I'm sure its just quality control, I have an issue with my bonnet paint, but luckily similar to yourself its only from a certain (sunny) angle.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

madowl

Post by madowl »

Not a problem with the fitting of panels or paint on my n line s in shadow grey. That is apart from a tiny, tiny bit of overspray in a handle recess.
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Southern Lad wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:00 pm
XADE wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm
Al94 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:24 pm Was looking at N Line Tucsons at the dealers when last in and wasn't impressed with the finish of the painted trims, thought they looked like poorly painted after market additions. Glad I went for the Ultimate with the standard trims which I know some don't like either.
This is my thinking, I saw one recently that just didn't seem to fit correctly. Glad I went for the standard too now, awful.
To be fair the trims on mine are all fitted perfectly. As I mentioned I can see a slight orange peel effect if I crouch down and look at a specific angle. Otherwise you can't see it. If it was bad I would just get a Detailer on it but it's not. Perhaps I'm just lucky or for others with bad ones unlucky???
Yeah after that tweak on mine it’s fitted perfectly too.

For me I’d rather have that 20 min tweak than a lifetime of the cheaper looking plastics but we all have different preferences I guess.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post