Cracked Rear Light

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

Recently noticed cracks all the way along the rear light. Have no idea how long it's been like it, or the cause.

Has anyone else experienced this?

20220919_093330.jpg

20220919_093323.jpg

20220919_093318.jpg

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I haven't seen that before but I'm going to go out and check mine now I've seen your picture. It's difficult to see from the picture,even when zoomed in, but it looks a bit like plastic film that has not been removed before delivery.
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

IngerzSH wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:46 am I haven't seen that before but I'm going to go out and check mine now I've seen your picture. It's difficult to see from the picture,even when zoomed in, but it looks a bit like plastic film that has not been removed before delivery.
That's what I was hoping, but have felt all around the light and can't find an edge to remove. It's also around the brake lights and underneath the long rear light too.

20220920_102730.jpg

20220920_102716.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-103110_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-103141_Gallery.jpg

Deleted User 616

If you're confident with a Stanley knife, very carefully see if you can get the blade under and pull it up. It may as least prove it's film rather than cracking. Failing that, back to the dealer and let them take a look.

I found some film on a few parts of the car only recently but they were on the interior ( lower aircon screen & passenger side door sill protector)
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

IngerzSH wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:39 am If you're confident with a Stanley knife, very carefully see if you can get the blade under and pull it up. It may as least prove it's film rather than cracking. Failing that, back to the dealer and let them take a look.

I found some film on a few parts of the car only recently but they were on the interior ( lower aircon screen & passenger side door sill protector)
Have had a quick go but nothing clear that I could find. I'll get in touch with the dealer as hopefully it is just something as simple as film!
Deleted User 616

Sounds like a plan. Fingers crossed it is film and nothing more serious.
roadster

Post by roadster »

Try warming it up with a hair dryer or a heat gun set on low. If its film it will soften up and move around easily.
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

If you're not confident to investigate and ascertain the cause of what you're showing us, then take the car to your dealer. If it's film, they performed a shoddy PDI and they should rectify that.
If it's more serious than that, that is also for the dealer to sort out.
Do NOT use any sharp metal tools to investigate, because if you slip and cause further damage, that will be your fault and the dealer will wash their hands of you.
Be aware that some personnel that a garage will give the investigation job to may well not be as careful with your car as you'd would wish.
Personally, if you can be sure it's remnants of protective film, I'd remove it myself. There are plastic tools available that can help with this that won't damage the car.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

roadster wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:47 am Try warming it up with a hair dryer or a heat gun set on low. If its film it will soften up and move around easily.
I did try with a hairdryer but there was no obvious movement or changes.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post