Trip Computer reset

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
spw

Post by spw »

Hi.
I have a new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid (April 2021) and have noticed a problem with one of the trip computers. I have the trip computer set to 'reset on refuel' which most of the time works fine but on a few occasions the trip has reset on start up. The air-con, heating and ventilation has also turned itself off.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I intend contacting the dealer to check if there are any software updates outstanding which may resolve the problem. I was told a week after picking up the car there were two software recalls required but at the time only one was actioned as the software was unavailable for the second.
2021 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
Dark Knight

Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

I've not noticed the error with the trip computer but then again, I don't really use it. I have however seen the issue with the A/C being switched off and resetting, this also resets the dash display, I always have the digital speedo on.

I've not worked out what resets, the A/c is the most obvious thing and some things clearly do not reset. I have also not worked out what may cause the reset.

Looks like a pooling of ideas and observations is needed.

BTW mine is also an Ultimate Hybrid
jd417

Post by jd417 »

I mentioned this in a post elsewhere in this forum. Had the car 5 months & mentioned it to the dealer who cannot replicate the problem. Still awaiting a fix.
paulb

Post by paulb »

Premium Hybrid here and I suffer all of the above, strange resets, aircon and or infotainment all switched off or aircon set to some silly high temperature (I'm a polar bear, it rarely goes above 19).

I had my three major recall updates done last week and I have noticed the infotainment system has been updated, Android Auto has some additional features and the split screen seems a bit more usable. Bit early to say what else is different there . The self distancing has been improved greatly, that I did notice, a lot smoother.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post