What governs next/prev on a USB stick?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've got a USB stick with a lot of plays on - all nicely ordered into folders and all with the correct meta data.

However, when I reach the end of a play, which is generally one part of a multi part series, I hit next on the steering wheel and it goes to another random play in a different folder. I have to put it on 'media' get a list of the tracks and then touch the next one in the series (they display in the correct order on the screen) to go to the correct next track.

Does anyone know how I can find out what governs the 'next' track to be played?

Cheers

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

alan sh wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:08 am I've got a USB stick with a lot of plays on - all nicely ordered into folders and all with the correct meta data.

However, when I reach the end of a play, which is generally one part of a multi part series, I hit next on the steering wheel and it goes to another random play in a different folder. I have to put it on 'media' get a list of the tracks and then touch the next one in the series (they display in the correct order on the screen) to go to the correct next track.

Does anyone know how I can find out what governs the 'next' track to be played?

Cheers

Alan
There was a thread on this before I'm sure but can't remember what it was. My Juke has the same issue but was reading it alphabetically. Once I renumbered to a,b,c etc it read the tracks in order. Hyundai may be different.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
terryp

Post by terryp »

Do you have Shuffle engaged on your screen?
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

terryp wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:03 pm Do you have Shuffle engaged on your screen?
No, I checked on that.

Alan
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
roadster

Post by roadster »

This is probably the information that you want.
http://webmanual.hyundai.com/STD_GEN5W/ ... music.html

But its a confusing layout at best.
Tucson PHEV Premium
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Thanks - but that doesn't have what I need.

I've made some changes to remove multiple levels of sub folders. I'll see if that works.
Alan

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

When I played around with this today I discovered that it made a difference how a song was selected. If I started from by navigating by folder first then it played the tracks in album order. Next / previous selected the track relating to the order of them on the album.

If I navigated to a song by selecting 'Artist' or some other way (can't remember the options on the lefthand side now), tracks would then play in alphabetical order with next/previous selecting them in alphabetical order too.

Seems like an unusual system but ok to use once I'd figured it out.
terryp

Post by terryp »

I have several hundred tracks of music stored on a USB stick in my car and I use the "shuffle" facility to play them in random order.
I found it's best to remove them from their folders so only the tracks are "shuffled". Leaving them in their folders means that the folders are "shuffled" and the contents remain in alphabetical order.
It would be the same for plays. Remove them from their folders and they will be shuffled (providing the shuffle icon on the main screen has been selected).
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I have my tracks in folders on my USB stick too. On my 67 plate Santa Fe it would play each folder in order. Currently I find in the Tucson that once it gets to the end of the folder it just goes to the beginning of the same folder again. My plan is to put them in one big folder and play them randomly with the caveat they won't be truly random.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post