2021 Tucson spare wheel

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Hi to everyone.
I have just joined this forum and this is my first post.
My new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid is due to be delivered next week, so I am super excited.
I am not happy to have no spare and I plan, if possible, to get spare and jack kit etc ASAP. can anyone tell me if this available and if so where from, also i understand the battery is under the car and not in the boot, does this mean there is space available in the boot floor to take wheel etc.
Any info would be much appreciated.

chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Is there anyboby there?
iggi

Post by iggi »

Hi Chris, underneath the boot floor is a storage compartment made of some sort of polystyrene. If you took that out you could fit a spare in there.
ChrisD

Post by ChrisD »

I wanted the same but told they cannot get hold of. Hyundai Accessories site is "undergoing maintenance" and it tells you to contact the dealer. So no help there. I have contacted Customer Services to try and find out why I cannot get answers. Same issue on Dash Cam was told they are waiting for Hyundai to recommend and if it's not recommended it could invalidate the warranty. If I get an answer I will post, I am afraid I am not holding my breath!
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

Hi Chris
I have the Ultimate PHEV, On this model there is no room in the normal area in the boot as there is the 12v battery in there and part of the hybrid system.
Andy
elf

Post by elf »

X
Last edited by elf on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digger

Post by digger »

Hi
I had the same disscution with the main dealer,, I wanted a Space saver,, but was they was very negative about it,, Mine is the hybird so there is plenty of room for the space saver wheel,, it tells you the size of the wheel on the Door, T135/90/R17 ,, I managed to get one in the end , due to the Kona i was trading had one ,, I acually purchased the spare wheel kit for it. ,,so after arguning with them it turns out the previous Model spare saver FITS OK which they got one possibly due to being a loyal returning customer .. i just need to build up around the wheel well as there is plenty of space due to the Boot liner has to be removed,, I did look at the kit mensioned above ,,
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Thanks for that, however I'm on 19inch, so not sure, but I will look into it.
Thank you.
JRB007

Post by JRB007 »

2021 Tuscon Hybrid Ultimate - Road Hero space saver fits the boot if you take out the poly inner, but no room for the jack and supplied kit, just has to sit in the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post