Petrol particulate filter

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I don't remember that. I just checked what I signed and that wasn't part of it
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

WMiller

Post by WMiller »

richarde wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:19 pm Was that the dealer asking you to sign, or Hyundia themselves?
I'm not 100% sure. I didn't see the signature form again once I refused to sign it, but it definitely had the Hyundai logo at the top. And, unlike all the other papers, there was only one copy, no duplicate for me to keep. There was no way I was signing it.

They put it in the middle of the registration and PX docs, so I guess they expect most people to not even scan read it and just sign, but as soon as I saw GPF at the top, I was having a closer look. It's my first Hyundai, and I'm not very impressed with the dealership to be honest. I love the car so far, but I hope all the dealers aren't like that!

I did keep the second page though, which I've took a photo of -

PXL_20220623_155821028.jpg

Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

That form looks official (from the manufacturer).

I wonder if the dealer has created their own one (which they asked you to sign), effectively negating them of the need to support you?

I picked my car up late January, and didn’t sign anything like this. That bulletin is dated April, so perhaps it’s wasn’t a widespread issue back then.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

richarde wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:15 pm That form looks official (from the manufacturer).

I wonder if the dealer has created their own one (which they asked you to sign), effectively negating them of the need to support you?
Possibly, but the dealer is about 100 miles away from where I live, so I don't think they were expecting to see me very often. I'll be taking it to my local Hyundai dealer for servicing.
old man

Post by old man »

The poor wording on that document says it was issued by Hyundai, either in South Korea of the Czech Republic.
Much as I like my car, this looks like it's being a real pass it off exercise by Hyundai. Damned poor show, I thought they were better than that.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

old man wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:24 pm The poor wording on that document says it was issued by Hyundai, either in South Korea of the Czech Republic.
Much as I like my car, this looks like it's being a real pass it off exercise by Hyundai. Damned poor show, I thought they were better than that.
It does seem to come from HQ somewhere, rather than a Dealer's Memo. I hope the instructions works to get rid of the light for someone, to save them a trip to the dealership.
zdraganov

Post by zdraganov »

I have similar issue with my Tucson on just the same miles - 1.6 CRDI, 2WD.
After third time returned to the dealer's service, they've ordered replacement of the filter from South Korea central, and I am waiting for it.

Will keep you posted if that will improve.
old man

Post by old man »

zdraganov wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:37 am I have similar issue with my Tucson on just the same miles - 1.6 CRDI, 2WD.
After third time returned to the dealer's service, they've ordered replacement of the filter from South Korea central, and I am waiting for it.

Will keep you posted if that will improve.
That at least sounds like a positive move from your dealer and please do keep us updated as to your progress - assuming a filter actually turns up.
Where are you based ?
Mellage

Post by Mellage »

I’m currently on episode 4 of this on my 8 month old car and was told today that I have to pay to have it sorted. Not impressed and I’m very glad my lease is up in December as I would never have another one.
old man

Post by old man »

Whilst in my dealers today I touched on the GPF problem with the service dept. They had a car in this morning for a regen and yet again it was a standard petrol model, not a HEV or a PHEV.
This currently appears to be following a pattern.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post