More contributor information

The place to discuss everything else..
old man

Post by old man »

On a previous forum I was on for the Skoda Kodiaq and then the Kamiq, the moderator asked for new members and contributors to state in their bio what year and spec their car was, what country they live in and whereabouts in the UK they live.
This helped greatly when trying to answer questions members had, especially when foreign members joined and made claims about the spec etc of their cars, little realising that specs vary from country to country.
As an example, there was a member in New Zealand who was virtually calling me thick (no wisecracks please ;) ) because I was having a failure to download updates when he could do it easily, Turns out that the specs on our cars were different and it was impossible to do this in the UK, but it was possible in New Zealand
Another guy told me he'd managed to do a download in his UK car. I tried and tried, but I couldn't do it. Turned out he had a different model Skoda to me with a different operating system and he's signed up to the wrong section of the forum - very frustrating !!
Would it be possible for the Mods to ask members to provide more details, just for the sake of clarification when replying to others ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

focusy

Post by focusy »

thing is I don't think it is moderated, its seems very scatty with people placing posts in wrong areas, and photo not in gallery. etc
old man

Post by old man »

focusy wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:49 pm thing is I don't think it is moderated, its seems very scatty with people placing posts in wrong areas, and photo not in gallery. etc
Yes, there doesn't seem to be a day to day moderator but somebody must be in charge and know what's going on ?
Philr

Post by Philr »

There appears to be only 1 admin - a user called Rob who was last active in March.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
old man

Post by old man »

Philr wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:40 pm There appears to be only 1 admin - a user called Rob who was last active in March.
Yes I thought I'd seen that name crop up at some time. He is also the admin for the Kodiaq forum I was on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post