New Car Turnaround Time

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
djmonsta

Post by djmonsta »

Hi all, can I ask what your experience has been in terms of dealer turnaround, ie how long from the car being delivered to the dealer did you have to wait before it was ready for collection?

Also, if there are any dealers on here that can advise what goes on behind the scenes in that time between dealer delivery and customer pickup? I presume it will have an exterior clean and will be mechanically checked over?

Thanks!
Current - 2022 Tucson N Line S 230 in Shadow Grey
Previous - 2019 Tucson N Line in White
Previous - 2019 i30N in Performance Blue
Previous - 2016 i30 Turbo in Sunset Red

whitecm1

Post by whitecm1 »

I have been told by my dealer that it should be less than 48 hours - however I can't tell you for definite as my car is still stuck at the docks. Dealer had been promised delivery by last weekend...still no sign :-(
djmonsta

Post by djmonsta »

whitecm1 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:46 am I have been told by my dealer that it should be less than 48 hours - however I can't tell you for definite as my car is still stuck at the docks. Dealer had been promised delivery by last weekend...still no sign :-(

Mine said yesterday that it's either on a transporter arriving today, or it will be early next week. This is why I am asking what others have experienced really, to manage my own expectations.
old man

Post by old man »

[quoteAlso, if there are any dealers on here that can advise what goes on behind the scenes in that time between dealer delivery and customer pickup? I presume it will have an exterior clean and will be mechanically checked over][/quote]

Your car will get a PDI, see here; https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/ad ... inspection
It will also get cleaned inside and out and a coat of polish is normally applied. Check your tyre pressures after you've taken delivery, as although the garage should have done this, it often gets missed (or ignored !)
None of this should take long unless any problems are found, but dealers like to fit in these jobs around other work that they have to do, which is why they appear to take 2/3 days to complete a PDI, from memory my dealer had my car for 2 days after the day it came off the transporter and I picked it upon the third day,
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
djmonsta

Post by djmonsta »

old man wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:51 am Your car will get a PDI, see here; https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/ad ... inspection
It will also get cleaned inside and out and a coat of polish is normally applied. Check your tyre pressures after you've taken delivery, as although the garage should have done this, it often gets missed (or ignored !)
None of this should take long unless any problems are found, but dealers like to fit in these jobs around other work that they have to do, which is why they appear to take 2/3 days to complete a PDI, from memory my dealer had my car for 2 days after the day it came off the transporter and I picked it upon the third day,

Thanks for this, it helps understand the reason for the delay in picking up.
djmonsta

Post by djmonsta »

Just had this from the dealership:

Yes once the new car has arrived with us we will need to book it in to our workshop for its PDI checks, normal turnaround is 3-5 days but we will do our best to get everything in place for a quick handover.

Seems I still have at least a week to go.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

my car was pdi in the dealership and still had clear plastic protection in the boot and by the sunroof switch , front door strips :D :D
Last edited by joolstdi on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
roadster

Post by roadster »

...and don't forget procuring and fitting the number plates. The dealer fitted my front number plate too low and it interfered with the radar. There is a warning about this in the manual but of course no one reads those warnings, especially not the dealers! Another half day wasted returning a brand new car because it was delivered with a failure alert already on the screen.
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:22 am ...and don't forget procuring and fitting the number plates. The dealer fitted my front number plate too low and it interfered with the radar. There is a warning about this in the manual but of course no one reads those warnings, especially not the dealers! Another half day wasted returning a brand new car because it was delivered with a failure alert already on the screen.

How incompetent is that, there's designated area on which to fit the number plate, at least there is on the N Line S.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post