Rear Wheel-arch panel kink?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 599

Post by Deleted User 599 »

Hi all, I’ve just taken delivery of my new 2022 Tucson hybrid. This is also my first post here too. I have a query over what I think is a slight panel kink in the rear wheel arch, which I think is just a feature of how it’s manufactured. On both rear wheel arches on both sides of my car just above where the plastic trim meets the body panel, there is a very slight kink or ripple in the arch. It’s about 7.5cm from the edge of the panel where it meets the rear door. It’s identical on both sides so I’m assuming it’s the way it’s meant to be? Can anyone else confirm there’s is the same? Thanks.

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed that. Can you share some pics?
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Just checked mine carefully - no sign of anything like that.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
daibill

Post by daibill »

Not on mine either..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Chickin

Post by Chickin »

Can you post a picture of it? I'm not sure if I've understood where you mean.
Ultimate phev + tech pack in Teal
Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

Not sure if mine the same I noticed on mine at rear of arch on inside when i first got my car there a kink in arch because the arch looks close to the back wheels the way it shaped but because it the same on both sides I just thought that's the way it was designed.
Berty

Post by Berty »

Do you mean that little bit? If so that is normal and on many cars.

I see now you're referring to where the panel meets the body work so I don't know and like others, if you have a picture that would be beneficial.

Arch.png

Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Guys you’ve awoken a thread from exactly a year ago weirdly! Looks like the OP isn’t a registered user of the forum any more.
Berty

Post by Berty »

Mar10 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:16 pm Guys you’ve awoken a thread from exactly a year ago weirdly! Looks like the OP isn’t a registered user of the forum any more.
Ahhh, I didn't even pay attention to that. Zombie threads
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Berty wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:12 pm
Mar10 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:16 pm Guys you’ve awoken a thread from exactly a year ago weirdly! Looks like the OP isn’t a registered user of the forum any more.
Ahhh, I didn't even pay attention to that. Zombie threads
Ha ha, I only noticed because I remembered it from first time around. I didn't have my car at the time so I remember looking at others that I saw trying to see what the OP meant!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post