Key stopped working

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I did a long drive today. Stopped once at some services, then again to pick up my father and drive him 1 mile to my brothers house. When I got there, parked up. My key stopped being recognised and I could not lock the car. No idea why not. Luckily, BlueLink did lock the car for me.

I went in and took the key apart. didn't seem to be anything wrong. Wiggled the battery - no, still didn't work. 3 hours later I went back out and it worked fine. And has continued to do so since.

The only thing I can think of is that someone had a powerful transmitter nearby and was transmitting.

Anyone else seen this?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Just checked. Both keys had batteries (Panasonic) with 3.02v. The replacements were 3.34v. So, I've swapped them out and I'll see what happens.
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
roadster

Post by roadster »

Could there have been something else which prevented locking? For example a door, window or tailgate which wasn't fully closed? That has happened to me when something was slightly obstructing the tailgate.
Tucson PHEV Premium
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I doubt it, because when I came out 3 hours later, it opened OK,
Alan

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hopefully this is now ok? has it work since you changed the battery?
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

It's working fine at the moment.
Alan

Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

In a previous life I as a mechanic, had the same problem with a car ( not Hyundai ) when the customer parked at work his key would not work, leaving work all worked fine, it turned out something was interfering with the key signal in that area, never did find out what though.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Keith1956 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:22 pm In a previous life I as a mechanic, had the same problem with a car ( not Hyundai ) when the customer parked at work his key would not work, leaving work all worked fine, it turned out something was interfering with the key signal in that area, never did find out what though.
I thought that too at the time. But I've been back to the same place since and it has worked OK. Maybe someone had a ham radio on the 'wrong' frequency.
Alan

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

alan sh wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 pm I did a long drive today. Stopped once at some services, then again to pick up my father and drive him 1 mile to my brothers house. When I got there, parked up. My key stopped being recognised and I could not lock the car. No idea why not. Luckily, BlueLink did lock the car for me.

I went in and took the key apart. didn't seem to be anything wrong. Wiggled the battery - no, still didn't work. 3 hours later I went back out and it worked fine. And has continued to do so since.

The only thing I can think of is that someone had a powerful transmitter nearby and was transmitting.

Anyone else seen this?
Well, I went back to the same place again - and again the key didn't work. I restarted it, moved it 100 yards down the road and it worked just fine. So, I think someone or something is transmitting some powerful radio waves.
Alan

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post