2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

Yes, Joolstdi, it looks like we are in the same boat! I was beginning to think that it would slip back further into summer, although it seems Hyundai have had a fresh batch of parts so they can get the vehicles with Tech Packs out of the door, as it looks like we both chose that.

I've worked in ports in the UK and abroad where new cars are shipped from, and they only have some light scratch protection on the panels and wheels when transported, so I'm curious to know why it enters a workshop again after shipping yet before arrival at the dealers. Would it just be for customs clearance/registration?

I'll be working in the eastern part of the north sea for the next few weeks, so I'll give the Main Highway a wave if I see it passing on the horizon on its way to Tilbury. I should be home in time to collect it from the dealer too.

Not too long to wait now then, enjoy your new car, Joolstdi, and roll on June!
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Fingers crossed I get the same news this week, last date I was given seems to be consistent with those timings too. It would be good to hear that it was built and ready to ship.
focusy

Post by focusy »

joolstdi. daft question how do you know if yours ships tomorrow if you have no chassis number, chassis. number is allocated upon built as the chassis number is made up of the config of the car.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi my bad I miss read it, shipping date 9th from the factory, port arrival 21st tilbury I think.
but as we all know this can change so I'm not holding my breath until I know that it has arrived in the dealers.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

joolstdi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:05 pm Hi my bad I miss read it, shipping date 9th from the factory, port arrival 21st tilbury I think.
but as we all know this can change so I'm not holding my breath until I know that it has arrived in the dealers.

Jools
That makes sense, and my info is the same. I'll be keeping a close eye on this forum over the next couple of weeks for any other bits of info.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

The Main Highway has now left Gdansk and is on its way to Tilbury, ETA May 12th.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

And the morning concert from Korea on the same day 8-) 8-)
So Hyundai in tilbury will have a very large delivery of cars and parts that day.

Please if you have a phone call from your dealers or email for the delivery
Can you please post model and spec and when ordered and delivered please
As it will help other people see what the delivery times are for their cars.

Jools
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi you can looking at what ships are coming in to tilbury up to 3 days by the link below and then click on the ships to see if the are ship carriers from Korea or Gdansk. might be a better tool to check for a quick check.
https://www.myshiptracking.com/ports/po ... dom-id-421

Jools
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Got a monthly update from my supplier today and my date of 2nd June has pushed out to 14th June into the dealers, but with a possibility that it could still arrive earlier. It is what it is. Hopefully will get it for the summer months to enjoy the sunroof and road trips 👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

It makes sense as there are 2 ships arriving on the 12th may. 1 from Korea and the other from Gdańsk so there will be a load of car arriving at the same a time and sort. Also there is a shortage of lorry drivers for the car transportation to the dealers what I found out from the kona forums.
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post