Bluelink Software updates

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Stumbled across this video on the MyHyundia website.

Not clear if it’s available now, or coming to the Tucson.

jarvis

Post by jarvis »

roadster

Post by roadster »

Don't be too mislead by the word Bluelink. A permanent wireless internet connection is required, either through your static router at home or through your mobile phone data connection, and its a big download. The Bluelink app is only used to confirm the update status.
Tucson PHEV Premium
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

roadster wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:10 am Don't be too mislead by the word Bluelink. A permanent wireless internet connection is required, either through your static router at home or through your mobile phone data connection, and its a big download. The Bluelink app is only used to confirm the update status.
I read it that after downloading and applying this update via a USB stick, the IONIQ5 would download any future updates via it's own cellular connection. This might be possible for the Tucson in future if they decided to enable it in a future update.
roadster

Post by roadster »

jarvis wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 am I read it that after downloading and applying this update via a USB stick, the IONIQ5 would download any future updates via it's own cellular connection. This might be possible for the Tucson in future if they decided to enable it in a future update.
That would be good but probably quite slow for a 27 Gbyte update package. I would also worry that the chances of an error free transmission over a phone link, whether from the built in sim or your own mobile, might make it even slower.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post