2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

EMS Highway Gdansk - Tilbury docked today. Fingers crossed once again for some on here cars to be onboard along with spare parts etc. 🤞👍

I'm not stalking the ships honest gov......🤣
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

slovell1965

Post by slovell1965 »

slovell1965 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:20 pm My first post here - good to find a UK focussed forum!
Ordered a leased Premium Hybrid model in Dark Knight Grey (possibly the best colour name ever!) on 8th March. Was told it was a car the dealer already had in order and likely delivery was around end of May / early June
I had a call today to say my car will be arriving at the dealership around 20th April so I’ll be in the car in around two weeks which is brilliant news.
I asked the Sales guy that called - how come it’s arriving earlier given the current delivery issues and he told me that Hyundai have stopped shipping cars to Russia so it’s freed up a huge amount of cars for Europe / uk deliveries.
Not sure how much stock to place on the comment but thrilled that I’m getting my car so soon. Especially since when I started looking at lease availability most sources were quoting Sept / Oct delivery.
Hopefully it’s correct and it means good news for many in here waiting for vehicles.
Update to the above post, I collected my car last Thursday (28th April), so was incredibly fortunate that it was only 7 weeks from order to delivery.
Timing of the collection was perfect as I was due to drive to Devon from South Wales that evening to visit family, so had a great opportunity to get to know the car on a reasonably long drive. Have to say I'm pretty happy with it so far!
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all just a update I received this tonight from Hyundai customer services through facebook. all they wanted before was the 1011 number and they could pin point your car. now they are sending all inquires for delivery for car back to the dealers, which is very unfair.

IMG_4138.jpeg

I should know by Friday when, what and how for my delivery of my car will take, but as in my previous post its a bit of a lottery.

Please if you are have had your car or have just been notified of the delivery of your car.
Can you please post it on this post with what model and spec e.g tech pack.

thank you
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

Not sure how true it is or what it might mean for timescales, but I was chatting to a dealer yesterday on the phone who said they'd had a bulletin through from Hyundai in the last couple of days. It said that they were stopping supplying cars to lease companies for the time being to concentrate on fulfilling orders placed through dealers. Hopefully it might have a positive effect on waiting times for those who have ordered directly through Hyundai.
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

maurice28 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:14 am Not sure how true it is or what it might mean for timescales, but I was chatting to a dealer yesterday on the phone who said they'd had a bulletin through from Hyundai in the last couple of days. It said that they were stopping supplying cars to lease companies for the time being to concentrate on fulfilling orders placed through dealers. Hopefully it might have a positive effect on waiting times for those who have ordered directly through Hyundai.
Mines a company car through a leasing company, however the order has been placed by Hyundai in Stoke on Trent direct & they are my contact, so hopefully this wont impact my car, albeit the lease company probably had a really cheap deal at the time which was always in the back of my mind if i were to get a delay
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Aw86

Post by Aw86 »

Had an email from Hyundai today. My car has been pushed back to the end of September. Would be 11 months since ordering if that’s true.
Tucson PHEV ultimate + TP Amazon Grey.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

I had an email for my dealer to say my Ultimate Hybrid + Tech Pack has been built, and should be shipped next week, it should be ready to collect in early June.
I'm hoping now that it's built, there shouldn't be too many more delays. 🤞

Do the ship watchers know if there are any ships sailing to the UK next week?
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi the morning concert is near Gibraltar and will be in on the 15th of may at tilbury .
As long as your car is coming from Korea

There are a few of us expecting our car the first week of June let’s hope we all get our cars then.
Did they have a chassis number??
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

Thank Joolstdi.

No Chassis number, and I'm not sure where mine was built. The dealer sent me a screenshot of the order page with the 101 number. The 'built' date had changed from an estimated build date, to a tick in the box and date for actual build completion a few days ago, which leads me to believe it's built at least. It also had shipping date of May 9th, so I guess that's when it will roll onto a ship for transit to the UK.

I'll email the dealer again tomorrow and see if has a chassis number for me.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi have not had a chassis number as well, my shipping date is tomorrow and the car arrives at dealer on the 3rd of June.
The main highway in in Gdańsk port now, so it looks like it will be leaving tomorrow?
I think the dealer gets a chassis number when it’s in work shop out date if that makes any sense?

So I’m in the same boat as you :lol: :lol:

We will just have to wait and see.
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post