2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
madowl

Post by madowl »

ashm wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:20 pm Finally picked up my Ultimate HEV shimmering silver with side-steps today, so I thought I'd do the usual and share some pics...
20220404_171348~3.jpg
20220404_171256~3.jpg
Had a good feel for it with a 140-mile trip back from the dealer on the Motorway, but can't wait to take it for a bit more in-town driving over the coming days. :D
Looking good!
Genuine question, don't know anything about side steps except they are popular in the US, do they have any purpose or are they solely aesthetic?

ashm

Post by ashm »

madowl wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:33 pm
ashm wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:20 pm Finally picked up my Ultimate HEV shimmering silver with side-steps today, so I thought I'd do the usual and share some pics...
20220404_171348~3.jpg
20220404_171256~3.jpg
Had a good feel for it with a 140-mile trip back from the dealer on the Motorway, but can't wait to take it for a bit more in-town driving over the coming days. :D
Looking good!
Genuine question, don't know anything about side steps except they are popular in the US, do they have any purpose or are they solely aesthetic?
Thanks all!

For me, it's mainly aesthetic, but it does help my 5-year-old get in and out of the car easily as a bonus. Also when it snows, it helps to reach the top of the car to brush the snow off. :lol:

I originally had it on my Mark 3 Tucson after test driving the demo car which had side steps. I felt it gave the car a more beefy/sporty look, and I liked it so much, that I had it put on the Mark 3. So it was a must when I ordered this mark 4 (NX4).
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

My wife has those on her RAV4 and they make a mess of trousers (or tights) when you get out of the car and it's been raining.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
copper_repair

Post by copper_repair »

joolstdi wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm EMS Highway docking in tilbury on the 5th of April, so lucky few will be having a call in the next few days.
Enjoy your new cars
is that right? I can see it's going to arrive in Grimsby tomorrow but would they also roll off Hyundai cars there??

스크린샷 2022-04-07 22.38.16.png

paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

I think the s/steps look great..can I ask what they charged to fit please?
slovell1965

Post by slovell1965 »

My first post here - good to find a UK focussed forum!
Ordered a leased Premium Hybrid model in Dark Knight Grey (possibly the best colour name ever!) on 8th March. Was told it was a car the dealer already had in order and likely delivery was around end of May / early June
I had a call today to say my car will be arriving at the dealership around 20th April so I’ll be in the car in around two weeks which is brilliant news.
I asked the Sales guy that called - how come it’s arriving earlier given the current delivery issues and he told me that Hyundai have stopped shipping cars to Russia so it’s freed up a huge amount of cars for Europe / uk deliveries.
Not sure how much stock to place on the comment but thrilled that I’m getting my car so soon. Especially since when I started looking at lease availability most sources were quoting Sept / Oct delivery.
Hopefully it’s correct and it means good news for many in here waiting for vehicles.
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

slovell1965 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:20 pm My first post here - good to find a UK focussed forum!
Ordered a leased Premium Hybrid model in Dark Knight Grey (possibly the best colour name ever!) on 8th March. Was told it was a car the dealer already had in order and likely delivery was around end of May / early June
I had a call today to say my car will be arriving at the dealership around 20th April so I’ll be in the car in around two weeks which is brilliant news.
I asked the Sales guy that called - how come it’s arriving earlier given the current delivery issues and he told me that Hyundai have stopped shipping cars to Russia so it’s freed up a huge amount of cars for Europe / uk deliveries.
Not sure how much stock to place on the comment but thrilled that I’m getting my car so soon. Especially since when I started looking at lease availability most sources were quoting Sept / Oct delivery.
Hopefully it’s correct and it means good news for many in here waiting for vehicles.
That's great news, just starting week 8 for me and emailed Friday hoping to hear the same, however all I got was its now August and have a nice weekend, for some reason Hyundai Stoke have told me mines made in America, "not sure if accurate or not as i assumed UK Tucson made in Czech Republic
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

There has been rumours that the plugs in N line and Ultimate are made in Korea, and this is why they are taking so long.
I did a few miles on Friday around South Wales and I normally see one or two new Tucson but on Friday I did see 10 in one day
so that are now getting very popular and nice to see that people are getting their cars.

Did anybody have a email or phone call for their cars which was originally for delivery for the 12th of April??

Hopefully the blocking of car to Russia will now help us get our car quicker, fingers crosses.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
sparkytucson

Post by sparkytucson »

Hi, i ordered my Make: HYUNDAI - Model: TUCSON ESTATE
Specification: 1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Auto
Colour: Pearl - Phantom black - Trim: Leather - Obsidian black on December 12th 2021. Was told it would be here for 14/03/22 and 4 weeks before they said it was still on target. Asked again on the 14th march and they said it hadnt been built yet but should start in the coming week. Still heard nothing. Dealership a joke on info updates. Well i hope Hyundai up their game on customer service when everything gets back to normal. With these delays i do hope they are using the time to sort all of the issues that may have been arising with the ones that have already been delivered.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

joolstdi wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:45 am
Did anybody have a email or phone call for their cars which was originally for delivery for the 12th of April??

Hopefully the blocking of car to Russia will now help us get our car quicker, fingers crosses.
Mine was due 12th April then put back until mid May. Had update this morning of 2nd June. 🤞
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post