Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
madowl

Post by madowl »

I got my N Line S HEV on 1st March. Everything works great so far except some software issues.

1. Sometimes I find the aircon has reset itself to 22 degrees or turned off requiring me to turn on or adjust (happened about 4 times)
2. I have accepted and read the T & Cs which appeared for the Sat Nav. This did not appear again for a while but has done now 3 times. Bit annoying having to do it again.
3. The trip computer for "since refuelling" keeps setting itself at random. Today I checked it on a short journey to find it had same figures as "current". This was about 18 miles when I have covered over 250 miles since refuelling.

Anyone have any ideas why?

mah006

Post by mah006 »

madowl wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:22 pm I got my N Line S HEV on 1st March. Everything works great so far except some software issues.

1. Sometimes I find the aircon has reset itself to 22 degrees or turned off requiring me to turn on or adjust (happened about 4 times)
2. I have accepted and read the T & Cs which appeared for the Sat Nav. This did not appear again for a while but has done now 3 times. Bit annoying having to do it again.
3. The trip computer for "since refuelling" keeps setting itself at random. Today I checked it on a short journey to find it had same figures as "current". This was about 18 miles when I have covered over 250 miles since refuelling.

Have you tried updating head unit software
https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/372#
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
madowl

Post by madowl »

mah006 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:32 pm
madowl wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:22 pm I got my N Line S HEV on 1st March. Everything works great so far except some software issues.

Have you tried updating head unit software
https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/372#
Yes got the February? one.

Looked on the american Tucson forum and there are lots of owners with the same problems happening from last year. Some seem to think it is due to Bluelink.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

1) Not noticed this but haven't been using the fans much as I have the PHEV and using them generally kicks the motor in to action.

2) Mine does the same but my previous Santa Fe did this also for every journey and I never found a way to switch the warning off.

3) My current journey data resets itself automatically each trip, however my trip information since new hasn't reset itself.

I have updated to the latest software.

I find that the main touch screen sidebar randomly changes too.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine did the same today. AC was 22c and the fuel consumption had reset itself. This was the first time since I had bought the car a week ago.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've just done a software update. The old one was July last year. I've updated it to the Feb 22 release.

The new one has a different display when you select Setup -> Vehicle, so you know it's different.

I'll see how I get on.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

I noticed when I started the car this morning that I had a notice that the Privacy Terms had been updated. As they were several pages long I accepted them but then noticed that the computer for "since refuelling" had reset. Also the central cluster display had changed.
Apart from that I love the car.
Just one other thing.
My previous Renault gave me notice of Speed cameras, both on the map and audio warning, but I can't seem to get the same on the Tucson.
Any ideas, anyone?

Ultimate 230PS Hybrid Auto in Teal averaging 48mpg in town
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

My previous Renault gave me notice of Speed cameras, both on the map and audio warning, but I can't seem to get the same on the Tucson.
Any ideas, anyone?
I get them in my N Line so I imagine the Ultimate must have them. You can switch the facility on and off in the infotainment settings, so have a look in there.
Don't rely on getting warnings for every camera though, the system is fallible. I've been past cameras that I know aren't functioning and got a warning, but yesterday I passed one I know is live and there was no warning.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
madowl

Post by madowl »

terryp wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm I noticed when I started the car this morning that I had a notice that the Privacy Terms had been updated. As they were several pages long I accepted them but then noticed that the computer for "since refuelling" had reset. Also the central cluster display had changed.
Apart from that I love the car.
Just one other thing.
Any ideas, anyone?

Ultimate 230PS Hybrid Auto in Teal averaging 48mpg in town
The sat nav will give you notice visually and audibly. Go into settings for the sat nav and switch the camera alerts on. Also when sat nav is operating touch the speaker symbol on the left of the screen and make sure the alerts are loud enough. It works well for the camera alerts with an initial sound at the distance you set and then another different sound once you have passed the camera. Also if your speed is in excess you get a repeating beep until you lower your speed. There is also a graphic in the driver's screen showing the speed limit and a little camera.
terryp

Post by terryp »

Thanks madowl.
I thought I'd mastered most of the operations but it seems there is yet more to master.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post