2019 Tucson Limited Entertainment System Looping

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
rutan74

Post by rutan74 »

First message here, I could not find anything on this but if there is a thread dealing with this issue or a similar issue, please point me in the right direction.

Model: 2019 Tucson Limited. 67k on the odometer.
Issue: My entertainment system is looping on power up/startup. It loops from the initial startup screen where you click on 'accept' to a blue Hyundai logo screen. Both the options on the startup message screen are greyed out and then after about 30 seconds, it loops to the blue Hyundai screen, and the loop continues. Menus, setup, on/off does not work. It just keeps looping between these two screens.

Wondering if it is just stuck in a loop and a hard reset might be in order, or is the head unit bad?

Backup camera and 3D top down views work in reverse and when parked, but after forward movement, I can't get past the these 2 screens. Never seen it before. 67k miles. Just out of warranty. Not sure if an update was sent because everything was working fine yesterday.

As for a hard reset, is there a way to do this apart from pulling the fuse or the positive battery terminal?

Car has been trouble free up until this moment. Maybe just a glitch, but any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Not sure about any software updates but I have not been notified that any are due or pending.

thanks!

Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

rutan74 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:13 am First message here, I could not find anything on this but if there is a thread dealing with this issue or a similar issue, please point me in the right direction.

Model: 2019 Tucson Limited. 67k on the odometer.
Issue: My entertainment system is looping on power up/startup. It loops from the initial startup screen where you click on 'accept' to a blue Hyundai logo screen. Both the options on the startup message screen are greyed out and then after about 30 seconds, it loops to the blue Hyundai screen, and the loop continues. Menus, setup, on/off does not work. It just keeps looping between these two screens.

Wondering if it is just stuck in a loop and a hard reset might be in order, or is the head unit bad?

Backup camera and 3D top down views work in reverse and when parked, but after forward movement, I can't get past the these 2 screens. Never seen it before. 67k miles. Just out of warranty. Not sure if an update was sent because everything was working fine yesterday.

As for a hard reset, is there a way to do this apart from pulling the fuse or the positive battery terminal?

Car has been trouble free up until this moment. Maybe just a glitch, but any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. Not sure about any software updates but I have not been notified that any are due or pending.

thanks!
Have you checked your user manual for how to reset the infotainment unit? The newer models have a small button that can be pressed such that: short press reboot, longer press does a reset and any settings are cleared. Does your unit have an equivalent.

I would check the software version you have and see how up to date it is. The latest from Hyundai is Nov 2023. If you don't have that version I would upgrade to it. I would however try a reset first.
rutan74

Post by rutan74 »

Thanks for the reply. I will check the Owners Manual but I've looked all over and see no button nor an opening hole in which to initiate a reset. I'll check though. This head unit has the Infinity sound system too, not that that matters.

Reset is on for tomorrow as I will either find a reset button or just detach the battery cable and try that. If that does not work, then I will need to contact the dealer and also check the software. Checked online and this head unit is really expensive. Don't really want to fork over 2 grand for a replacement. That is a last resort.

Thanks again. I'll post if/when I have some updates.
rutan74

Post by rutan74 »

Just a quick update on my problem.

Doing the reset on the head unit did not work. I did find a very small portal to initiate a reset but no luck. As a last resort, I unhooked the battery cables for about a minute and then reattached them. Got in and started the car and the head unit responded. It is now working correctly. Sure I had to fix all the time and date stuff and then reset Apple Car Play but that is a small issue compared to having the entire head unit replaced.

Have no idea what was hung up that the reset on the head unit would not clear, but there must have been some bits somewhere that was keeping the unit from moving off the welcome screen. Anyway, good to go now. We will see if this gremlin rears its head again.

john
JamesC

Post by JamesC »

I am having the same issue in my 2019 Tucson. I have tried resetting, removing and reinstalling the radio unit(not just the head but the entire unit) and even lifting the leads off of the battery. None of these have worked. Is there anything short of buying an entire new unit I can try?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post