1st time here

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Philisathome

Post by Philisathome »

Good morning,

I picked up my new Tucson yesterday and was wondering where the speed camera alerts are? So much of the infotainment system is similar to the Kia I left at the dealer so I thought I would easily find it, but not found yet.
Also, has anyone got the sidesteps? Just wondered if anyone knows how much they are fitted?
Thanks
Phil

Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

Philisathome wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 am Good morning,

I picked up my new Tucson yesterday and was wondering where the speed camera alerts are? So much of the infotainment system is similar to the Kia I left at the dealer so I thought I would easily find it, but not found yet.
Also, has anyone got the sidesteps? Just wondered if anyone knows how much they are fitted?
Thanks
Phil
I switch the alerts on via the Bluelink app. So open Bluelink --> user profile --> Vehicle settings --> Navigation Settings--> alerts.
Philisathome

Post by Philisathome »

Thank you for the info. I've got the cameras now but with no sound. I'll keep looking as I'm still really new to the car.
Regards
Phil
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Philisathome wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:14 pmI'll keep looking as I'm still really new to the car.

I came from a top-of-the-range KIA Optima tourer which had shedloads of gadgets and gizmos, including two or three absent on my Tucson.
Stupidly, I imagined that after 6.5 years with the KIA, switching to the Tucson would be a piece of cake for me. Sadly, I struggled to get to grips with all the facilities available on the Tucson and although I still grasp information fairly quickly, I just don’t seem to retain information.🙄

I can only recommend that acclimatisation will be helped enormously by spending time in the car, armed with the owner’s manual. All the information is there and most of the things you will wish to set up or adjust are accessible through the infotainment unit’s screen. Other useful stuff is contained in the right-hand half of the steering wheel..

After a few months ownership, I quite like the Tucson and see it as good at most things but brilliant at nothing. What sets it apart from the herd of medium-size SUV-type vehicles is the longer, and fairly comprehensive, warranty. Only other Korean carmakers and the Chinese offer such a good warranty.......oh, and Toyota!

I’m of such an age that the Tucson may well be my last car. However, it suits my needs for the moment although I’d prefer a big estate car but they are really out of fashion these days......and stupid money, especially the big Peugeot!

Decent car, all in all, but I can’t seem to find any kind of emotional involvement with it, unlike a 2CV I ran for a while back in the ‘90s.

2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

Philisathome wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:14 pm Thank you for the info. I've got the cameras now but with no sound. I'll keep looking as I'm still really new to the car.
Regards
Phil
If you've not found the sound control yet, go onto the map screen and there is a volume icon at the top left. Press the icon and the sound effect volume is there. Increase that and you should be in business.
MikeSwift

Post by MikeSwift »

Philisathome wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:14 pm Thank you for the info. I've got the cameras now but with no sound. I'll keep looking as I'm still really new to the car.
Regards
Phil
I had the same problem when I swapped from Sportage to Tucson last November, I asked here about no audio wornings and was pointed to the speaker thing on the map page, you can increas the sound for warnings and spoken commands there.
2023 Tucson Ultimate Automatic Petrol MHEV Serenity White Pearl.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post