Moving on.......

The place to discuss everything else..
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Well as my wife is coming close to retiring and the Tucson will be 2 years old this June we're planning for downsizing to our retirement car. So far in consideration are: Kona N-Line S (w lux pack), Toyota Yaris Cross (once new model launches), Ford Puma ST (new model due June), and the Nissan Juke (if they remodel it to give it an electronic dash et al).

So far on specs analysis the Kona is winning....... :)
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

Big S

Post by Big S »

Be prepared for a big shock when you trade your car in. Recently I looked into trading my Tucson HEV 230 N Line S with 7.300 miles on it and 10 months old and was offered £26,500. It had no bodywork dings scratches or scuffs on alloy wheels. This represents a £10k loss, and apparently this would be even lower after 1st March and even less when the facelift Tucson is available to order. According to glasses guide a 3 year old car with under 36,000 miles on should retain 45% of its value. The latest list price is £41,005 so I'll let you do the maths. Problem is you can get a brand new version of mine for £35,000 now as dealers are trying to shift stock before the facelift arrives, even more off if you accept an ex demo with low miles on it.
I spoke with the dealer I originally bought from and he said they wouldn't even quote for it if I wasn't buying new from them as they were currently £500,000.00 overstocked on Hyundai's. Also gives you an insight into the current used car market in general also mine doesn't attract the £40 luxury car tax as I bought whilst the list price was under £40k. Needless to say I won't be selling it.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Yep I know we got a valuation on ours last week and it was £26700...
Big S

Post by Big S »

To be fair that's not a bad price for a 20 month old car with Tech Pack and in your case probably low mileage too.!!!!
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Yep indeed, just coming up to 6900 miles :)
EJH

Post by EJH »

dbrewood wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:52 pm Yep I know we got a valuation on ours last week and it was £26700...
£27'869 for your current mileage on motorway. Might be worth getting the extra by bypassing your dealer, or just show them Motorway quote & ask to match. Good luck 👍
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Thanks for the tip I'll give them a try! Star tip they offered me £27,804....
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

The deal was done yesterday. Ordered a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue, got the car for a decent price and negotiated a good deal on trading in our Tucson.