Ghost Imobilizer in a 2021 Tucson

The place to discuss everything else..
digger

Post by digger »

Hi
Has anyone had a GHost 2 Immobilizer system install in there new Tucson 2021 ,, I am think of having one fitted,, as the key less system currently installed is a joke and can have the key clone hack used on the OBD port,, us in the uk have not have the American Software update that stops hacking the ODB port as yet,, ever month I keep asking my dealer about the upgrade and same thing nothing available as yet ,,
or does anyone recommend a ghost 2 installer ..
thanks

pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

I looked into this system and a couple of other canbus immobiliser systems some time ago and eventually decided against it. Price is against them, but it wasn't a wholly deciding factor for me. I wouldn't mind entering a predetermined code every time I got in and out of the car, but my wife wasn't keen, but the ultimate turn off for me, was that the installer really has to know what he's doing, cos if he gets it wrong and it causes problems with the car, Hyundai will wash their hands of you.
At the time there was a guy in London called Otto posting on Youtube claiming to have fitted one of these systems (sorry, I can't remember which one) to a couple of new Tucsons and claiming they worked fine. His price was over £800 at the time and I just wasn't willing to take the chance. I did find a couple of places that would have done it for £450, but there was nobody local to me that could do it.
I eventually elected to make it really difficult for potential thieves to steal my car at a far cheaper cost.
Firstly, relay theft; your fob will go to sleep after a few minutes of being left undisturbed and then relay theft cannot take place. There's also a way that's described in the handbook to disable keyless entry after locking the car via the fob. As an extra precaution, I keep my fobs in a proven Faraday box.
It's known that if a thief can break into the car, they can plug equipment into the OBD port and make the car think a key is present. To this end I have disabled the OBD port and I've put stickers on the windows stating that the OBD port and keyless entry are disabled.
As an extra deterrent, I also have a Stoplock.
Whilst I can't guarantee it, I hope that lot will persuade a potential thief to find an easier target, because unless they come with a trailer, my car won't be easy to make off with.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

How do you disable the OBD port?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

alan sh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:43 pm How do you disable the OBD port?
I'm not willing to divulge that, especially on a open forum - sorry.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post