Loud High Pitch 'Alarm' type noise inside car

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Open car, get in, sit down, insert key and start engine. Then have your ears bombarded by a loud high pitch 'alarm type' noise inside the car.

I'm assuming this is the internal alarm to remind you that you've left the kids and dog inside the car? Is that the sound it makes, if so, why do I often experience it when entering the car and starting it. The only way I can stop it, is turn the ignition off and back on again.

Its happened around 4 or 5 times, and is really starting to p*s* me off :(

Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

Robbit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:13 pm Open car, get in, sit down, insert key and start engine. Then have your ears bombarded by a loud high pitch 'alarm type' noise inside the car.

I'm assuming this is the internal alarm to remind you that you've left the kids and dog inside the car? Is that the sound it makes, if so, why do I often experience it when entering the car and starting it. The only way I can stop it, is turn the ignition off and back on again.

Its happened around 4 or 5 times, and is really starting to p*s* me off :(
Doesn't sound like the same as you but,
I get a continuous high pitch sound is if I inadvertently leave the ignition on, get out the car and start wandering off without locking. Not happened for a while and I may not have the exact sequence of events noted, but it certainly let's you know 'somethings amiss' ..
Big S

Post by Big S »

If you have the key on your person and get out with the engine running it will emit a high pitched sound because its basically telling you, you have left the engine running.!!!!!!!!
Its not the same scenario as Robbit is experiencing because he has stated that he uses the key to start his engine, maybe because he hasn't plugged his seat belt in.!!
Deleted User 1711

Big S wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:15 pm If you have the key on your person and get out with the engine running it will emit a high pitched sound because its basically telling you, you have left the engine running.!!!!!!!!
Its not the same scenario as Robbit is experiencing because he has stated that he uses the key to start his engine, maybe because he hasn't plugged his seat belt in.!!
Indeed BigS. I was trying to think of scenarios were there is a continuous alarm type sound. My seatbelt warning is more of a bonging noise but maybe that's it. If there is a bag on my front passenger seat there must also be a sensor as i get a seatbelt warning. I thought all UK NX4s had keyless ignition but l see the SE Connect ICE model perhaps does not.

With the hybrid, what I must have done is left the ignition on, so EV mode ready and car silent, no ICE engine running and then attempted to walk away, good reminder ...
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Mine is the poverty model (1.6 SE Connect). No EV assistance, no keyless ignition and no butler to serve the Pims.

My seatbelt warning is a chime. This is a distinct fairly loud high pitch scream inside the cabin. I'm unable to find any form of alarm or audio warning across any Hyundai that sounds like it.

This is very distinct from the subtle high pressure fuel pump sound your can hear on most cars with the ignition on but the engine not started.
Deleted User 1711

Robbit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:57 pm Mine is the poverty model (1.6 SE Connect). No EV assistance, no keyless ignition and no butler to serve the Pims.

My seatbelt warning is a chime. This is a distinct fairly loud high pitch scream inside the cabin. I'm unable to find any form of alarm or audio warning across any Hyundai that sounds like it.

This is very distinct from the subtle high pressure fuel pump sound your can hear on most cars with the ignition on but the engine not started.
Unless anyone else can suggest anything and if it's really annoying, I would speak and/or take it to your local dealer. Your cars under warranty I assume so if it's abnormal behaviour they should be able to sort it.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

I'll wait until it happens again and either record it on the phone, or leave the engine running whilst I attempt to locate the source. Now I know there is no audio alarm within the cabin of this model that produces this sound, it may be the infotainment system is having a nervous breakdown.

Taking it back to a dealer 50 miles away for something that may or may not happen is not an option at this stage.
Deleted User 1711

Robbit wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:54 am I'll wait until it happens again and either record it on the phone, or leave the engine running whilst I attempt to locate the source. Now I know there is no audio alarm within the cabin of this model that produces this sound, it may be the infotainment system is having a nervous breakdown.

Taking it back to a dealer 50 miles away for something that may or may not happen is not an option at this stage.
If you think the source is the infotainment unit you could try a couple of things if you haven't already :

1. Reset the infotainment system. Small button, bottom left of unit. Short press is a soft reset, longer press is hard reset. (If you wait for the noise to appear and then press the reset that may prove its coming from the infotainment unit if it stops it)
2. Apply the latest infotainment/map updates. Latest update is November 2023.

I hope you get it resolved.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post