Hi from new tucson buyer

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Hi,

After years of having another marque I take delivery of a new Tucson ultimate petrol hybrid 230ps soon. I am in the market for a full size or temporary spare wheel kit. Can anyone confirm if a full size wil fit?
Many thanks

GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

Hi Gibson,

I've just checked under the false floor in my boot, and can confirm that (on my car) there is a threaded mount point for the spare wheel. The well area is approximately 750mm x 275mm (rough measurements with a tape measure, width x depth); which is large enough to fit a full sized version of the wheel/tyre combo on my car. The well area is occupied by a polystyrene organiser, which had the temporary tyre sealant and air compressor system that Hyundai supply instead of the spare tyre, along with a cargo net. It's a large piece to find somewhere to store it.
2023 1.6 TGDi 150 Ultimate, manual 2WD in red, with black interior.

Fantastic gadgets and tech, shame about certain "Safety" features...
(Lane Keeping Assistance having to be manually disengaged every start up, I'm looking at you!)
terryp

Post by terryp »

Gibson wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:27 pm Hi,

After years of having another marque I take delivery of a new Tucson ultimate petrol hybrid 230ps soon. I am in the market for a full size or temporary spare wheel kit. Can anyone confirm if a full size wil fit?
Many thanks
If you have the Hybrid version, I'm not sure you will be able to get a full size spare wheel in. Some members have used
https://www.roadhero.co.uk/wheel-packag ... assis=4208
It's 18" in size so would only be useful for short distances.
There is a 19" wheel on
https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/ but I'm not sure it would fit.
Personally, I'm using
AirMan ResQ Emergancy Tyre Repair Kit, which saves weight in the boot and will give me 120 miles to find a wheel shop for repair/replacement.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post