STOP/START ON 2022 HYBRID TUCSON

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

Can any owners of a 230bhp Hybrid tell me if it's possible to switch off the stop/start at the start of each journey ?
The salesman I'm dealing with says it can't because it's a hybrid, but I thought I'd check because I'm not a lover of stop/start.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

mah006

Post by mah006 »

I would hope that the Hybrid would enter electric mode when coming to a stop so no need for start/stop but hopefully i will find out if & when my Hybrid N Line S eventually turns up
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Big S

Post by Big S »

old man wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:10 pm Can any owners of a 230bhp Hybrid tell me if it's possible to switch off the stop/start at the start of each journey ?
The salesman I'm dealing with says it can't because it's a hybrid, but I thought I'd check because I'm not a lover of stop/start.
These new shape Tuscon's do not have the Start Stop technology as was used on pure Petrol/Diesel cars which you
could feel and hear when it operated. The car will switch the engine on/ off as and when required i.e it has enough battery life to operate as a pure EV or you aren't asking it to go quicker. You will hardly hear or feel t as its very smooth, the only give away is if you have the Tachometer shown on the dash full time.
old man

Post by old man »

That all makes sense, thankyou guys.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

Big S wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:29 pm You will hardly hear or feel t as its very smooth, the only give away is if you have the Tachometer shown on the dash full time.
There is of course the dashboard light that displays "EV" when in EV mode :) :)
roadster

Post by roadster »

Please correct me if I am wrong but I assume the hybrid doesn't have a conventional starter motor at all but starts from the engagement of the electric drive to the engine by electronic means. I have read that there isn't actually a conventional 12 volt battery and the 12 volt functions are integrated into the Lithium battery pack but I'm not certain which models this applies to.
Tucson PHEV Premium
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

The 226 bhp hybrid does have a conventional battery for lights etc.

As for stop start just let the car work its self, its an excellent system as far as I can see when driving.
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

Its in the boot I believe for the plugin version.
roadster

Post by roadster »

xtrailman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:48 pm Its in the boot I believe for the plugin version.
I now have the owners manual and I can confirm that for the current model there is no lead-acid battery. The 12 volt supply is via a lithium battery integrated into the main battery pack. This is properly managed by constant monitoring when the car is unused for a significant period. If the low voltage threshold is reached it is disconnected from the active services which would otherwise drain it. There is then a battery reconnect button ( possibly not on all models ) which reconnects the 12 volt supply for just long enough to switch the car on at which point the 12 volt section is replenished from the traction battery via its normal regulated connection. Just to complete the picture it is also possible to replenish the battery via jump leads which can be connected from somewhere near the fuse box under the bonnet. I can't verify this as I still! don't have my car.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post