Cable theft

The place to discuss everything else..
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Although this isn’t a new phenomenon, I hadn’t seen this news item from the USA until a little while ago

How prevalent the crime is already in the UK, I have no idea but I’d guess it will very soon be widespread in much the same way as catalytic convertor disappearances became in a short period of time.

It’s just one more thing to worry about, particularly annoying I would guess for those BEV and PHEV converts, the latter now having a car with two potential targets.

There are times when I really miss the simplicity of the little 2CV runabout I had for about a year back in the early ‘90s. No self-respecting car thief or joyrider would even consider nicking one of those or removing any parts.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/677377/t ... ng-cables/
Last edited by Indalo on Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

Went for a tethered charger precisely because I hope it may stop the cable being nicked quite so easily…. But they’ll probably just rip the box off the wall if they’re that way inclined!
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
XADE

Post by XADE »

How much are they worth? Seems like a very odd thing to steal
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Big S

Post by Big S »

Everything has a value to someone who's trying to put food on the table or those who need their next fix!!!!!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post