SatNav Live Service Licence Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
bpirie

Post by bpirie »

Hi

I can no longer receive Live services from the built-in in SatNav and it states that Online service licence key has expired. I purchased my 2016 Tucson from new and is under 40,000 miles but it seems once the vehicle reaches a 7 year age mark the notification appears. Pictures of the message are attached.

Has anyone experienced this, did your dealership resolve it and the cost to extend the licence key?

Thank in advance

IMG_7542.jpeg

IMG_7541.jpeg

bpirie

Post by bpirie »

Received a response from the approved Hyundai service agent, and this will affect all Tucson owners from 2016 registration year:

We raised a query online with HMUK technical department via their Global Service Way system regarding this issue with your media unit as this is the first one we have come across. The response we have received back states that this message is due to the expiry of the 7 year free period of live services. Unfortunately there is no option for the customer to pay for this to be extended.

Extremely disappointing and will need to reflect on this before committing to purchasing a new Tucson.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Bluelink is Hyundai's new digital platform that provides live services and vehicle interaction. All Hyundai models including the new i10 are coming with this now. If you get a new shape Tucson you get five years of Bluelink services (from date of registration of services) and then its a paid service from there. You can do the 'live services' thing with Android Auto /Apple carplay but If your car is 2016 you may not have it. When the Tucson gets wireless AA/CP I suspect more people will use it by default.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post