Suggestion

Suggestions & Help using the Hyundai Tucson Forums
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Please add a section for Hyundai dealership reviews & experiences
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

DrElectron wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:15 pm Please add a section for Hyundai dealership reviews & experiences
Probably best to leave that to Trust Pilot - https://uk.trustpilot.com/categories/car_dealer
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Trustpilot is paid for by the company and its well publicised that negative reviews are regularly taken down l, I would rather have somewhere to share real honest experiences with others
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
XADE

Post by XADE »

DrElectron wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:17 am Trustpilot is paid for by the company and its well publicised that negative reviews are regularly taken down l, I would rather have somewhere to share real honest experiences with others
The problem is the amount of people on the board Vs the likelihood of them using the same dealership is negligible.

Judging by your signature you're just pushing for a place to complain?
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

DrElectron wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:17 am I would rather have somewhere to share real honest experiences with others
Car forums are notorious for being used as a platform by dissatisfied owners to vent their spleen whereas the vast majority of owners who are perfectly happy with their chosen product never find any need to venture into internet car forums.

If it’s genuine balance you are looking for, you probably won’t find it among the minuscule number of brand owners in any online forum.

As there will almost certainly be some dissatisfied Hyundai owners in this forum, perhaps you would care to point them......well, all of us......towards a car brand that you would recommend. I have owned quite a few brands over the last seven decades and I’m now on my third Korean car in a row as, all things considered, I think they represent a pretty decent ownership package compared to other mainstream brands.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

XADE wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:11 am Judging by your signature you're just pushing for a place to complain?
I don’t mind if contributors wish to raise a concern about their chosen brand/model. There may well be things we need to know about. However, It’s when they continually run the company down as I have witnessed on other car forums over this last few decades of internet usage that I get a little p’d off.

The level of bullshine supplied by some, perhaps to validate their experience and qualification to make judgements about car issues, is frequently contained in their references to their previous vehicles; ’Never had any problem with my Audi/BMW/Range Rover/Mercedes/Lexus......ad nauseam.'

One is left to wonder at what went wrong in their life that after such an illustrious history of premium car ownership, why are they now driving a 2nd-hand i20 and awaiting some warranty work just before the car’s 5th birthday? :roll:
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Indalo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:41 am
XADE wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:11 am Judging by your signature you're just pushing for a place to complain?
I don’t mind if contributors wish to raise a concern about their chosen brand/model. There may well be things we need to know about. However, It’s when they continually run the company down as I have witnessed on other car forums over this last few decades of internet usage that I get a little p’d off.

The level of bullshine supplied by some, perhaps to validate their experience and qualification to make judgements about car issues, is frequently contained in their references to their previous vehicles; ’Never had any problem with my Audi/BMW/Range Rover/Mercedes/Lexus......ad nauseam.'

One is left to wonder at what went wrong in their life that after such an illustrious history of premium car ownership, why are they now driving a 2nd-hand i20 and awaiting some warranty work just before the car’s 5th birthday? :roll:
While I agree about the brand shaming(!), in fairness sometimes it's a good thing to vent about a dealership to find out if it's better to go elsewhere, or find out what to expect from a Hyundai dealership in the first place. I was pretty relieved to find out about the PPF issues on here, but that would just come under the 'Faults & Technical' section.

This forum isn't the place to make dealership comparisons useful to others. It's highly unlikely for 2+ people to be using the same dealership, based on user numbers.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Philr

Post by Philr »

It's not about dealership comparisons though it's whether people have had good or bad service. This is also likely to change over time as personnel at a dealership changes.
My next door neighbor is an AA patrol man and they give the roadside assistance to Hyundai amongst others. He has had personal experience on a number of occasions with my nearest dealership. Chatting to him yesterday he said that Hyundai, Kia, Ford and Peugeot dealerships are all pretty poor for dealing with problems that he has had to attend whereas Vauxhall, Honda, Toyota and even JLR who have now sorted out their issues, he never has a problem with.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV