Cracked Windscreen Replacement

The place to discuss everything else..
Louby138

Post by Louby138 »

After only 4 weeks of having my new Tucson I have a developed a crack in my windscreen, I think caused by a stone chip.

My insurer uses Autoglass for replacement, but Autoglass have no windscreens available and have had to order a new one. It's been nearly 2 weeks now & they have no idea when it will come in. Has anyone else had to have a new windscreen on the new Tucson & if so how long did it take for the replacement to come in?

Aelking

Post by Aelking »

My Tucson arrived with an issue on the rear privacy glass, the suggestion was weeks and weeks. There is a shortage of glass everywhere. I think tesla are at about 3 months for a new screen.
Louby138

Post by Louby138 »

Aelking wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:26 am My Tucson arrived with an issue on the rear privacy glass, the suggestion was weeks and weeks. There is a shortage of glass everywhere. I think tesla are at about 3 months for a new screen.
Thank you, I hadn't realised there was quite such an issue! It's a slow creeper & heading towards the centre of the drivers side, I hope I can get a new screen before it becomes un-driveable!

Post by joolstdi »

You could ask them if they could fill in the crack and hopefully it will stop it running.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post