Cracked Windscreen Replacement

The place to discuss everything else..
Louby138

Post by Louby138 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:44 am

After only 4 weeks of having my new Tucson I have a developed a crack in my windscreen, I think caused by a stone chip.

My insurer uses Autoglass for replacement, but Autoglass have no windscreens available and have had to order a new one. It's been nearly 2 weeks now & they have no idea when it will come in. Has anyone else had to have a new windscreen on the new Tucson & if so how long did it take for the replacement to come in?

Aelking

Post by Aelking » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:26 am

My Tucson arrived with an issue on the rear privacy glass, the suggestion was weeks and weeks. There is a shortage of glass everywhere. I think tesla are at about 3 months for a new screen.

Louby138

Post by Louby138 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 am

Aelking wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:26 am
My Tucson arrived with an issue on the rear privacy glass, the suggestion was weeks and weeks. There is a shortage of glass everywhere. I think tesla are at about 3 months for a new screen.
Thank you, I hadn't realised there was quite such an issue! It's a slow creeper & heading towards the centre of the drivers side, I hope I can get a new screen before it becomes un-driveable!

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:17 am

You could ask them if they could fill in the crack and hopefully it will stop it running.
Tucson Phev ultimate in Dark night Grey + Tech pack
Ordered 20-01-2022
Arrived in Tilbury on the 11th of May
Out of work shop 19th may
Arrived at dealership 8th of June
Pick up from Dealer 16th June. 22 weeks order from start to finish :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post