Locking the car without enabling the alarm

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ThePM

Post by ThePM »

Hi all, I do not get my HEV N Line S until August.

However, we will be taking our car on to ferries. If you have been near an Isle of Wight or cross-channel car ferry as it turns out of the dock, there is a cacophony of car alarms set off by the ship's motion.

In my current Vauxhall Mokka, all you have to do is to lock the car at the driver's door with the key, this locks the car without enabling the alarm.

I know you can lock the Tucson with a key, but I wonder if it, a) locks the car and does not enable the alarm? and b) levering the plastic cover off to gain access to the lock barrel has me wondering how long the cover will last, and if broken or lost, how much to replace given that it is painted in the body colour?

Any knowledge or thoughts on these questions would be very appreciated.

“Life is like when you are driving, sometimes you go faster, by letting go of the accelerator.”

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

ThePM wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:41 pm Hi all, I do not get my HEV N Line S until August.

However, we will be taking our car on to ferries. If you have been near an Isle of Wight or cross-channel car ferry as it turns out of the dock, there is a cacophony of car alarms set off by the ship's motion.

In my current Vauxhall Mokka, all you have to do is to lock the car at the driver's door with the key, this locks the car without enabling the alarm.

I know you can lock the Tucson with a key, but I wonder if it, a) locks the car and does not enable the alarm? and b) levering the plastic cover off to gain access to the lock barrel has me wondering how long the cover will last, and if broken or lost, how much to replace given that it is painted in the body colour?

Any knowledge or thoughts on these questions would be very appreciated.

“Life is like when you are driving, sometimes you go faster, by letting go of the accelerator.”
The tilt sensor is part of the advanced anti theft settings. You can turn these off via the bluelink app or via the car. Convenience -> advanced anti- theft

20230425_200922.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_200838_Bluelink.jpg

ThePM

Post by ThePM »

IngerzSH - Okay, very many thanks that is very good news indeed. No need to worry on both counts then.

Regards,

ThePM

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post