Sat Nav Colour

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

alan sh wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:27 pm My A road has changed from solid green to two thin green lines. No idea why - I haven't done an update since January. I don't mind, but I would like to know why.
I found the issue. I normally have the map set to show 200 yards display. It had somehow reset itself to 0.25 mile.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

wixandy

Post by wixandy »

XADE wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:51 am Another vote for just using black, hate bright screens, and it blends in much nicer into the dashboard.
So what do the A roads show up as in the black screen setting?
N Line in Shadow Grey collected 24.03.23
old man

Post by old man »

wixandy wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:27 am
XADE wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:51 am Another vote for just using black, hate bright screens, and it blends in much nicer into the dashboard.
So what do the A roads show up as in the black screen setting?
Try it and see for yourself :D
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
old man

Post by old man »

old man wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:43 pm Very strange. The route I need is in a vibrant green with white arrows indicating the direction of travel. Most other roads are in grey, so there is no mistaking the specified route.
I wonder if you have the latest software version, but having said that, I don't remember my mapping being different to how it is now, even before any updates.

Take a picture and show us what you mean.
Having posted the above, today I'm in the car with the map page showing, but with no route entered and every road on the screen was green - even very minor roads.
I do maintain though, that once a route is entered, the route shown is easily identified on the screen.
Berty

Post by Berty »

I would say maybe that is green because you have traffic turned on, so assuming that all the roads were quiet. If they were busy then they go yellow and red. Maybe?
I'd have to drive without a route and having the map on to see.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
old man

Post by old man »

old man wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:53 am
old man wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:43 pm Very strange. The route I need is in a vibrant green with white arrows indicating the direction of travel. Most other roads are in grey, so there is no mistaking the specified route.
I wonder if you have the latest software version, but having said that, I don't remember my mapping being different to how it is now, even before any updates.

Take a picture and show us what you mean.
Having posted the above, today I'm in the car with the map page showing, but with no route entered and every road on the screen was green - even very minor roads.
I do maintain though, that once a route is entered, the route shown is easily identified on the screen.
You could be right Berty. I have the map screen on purely because I prefer it to other screens, but I take little or no notice of it unless I'm using the navigation. I was parked earlier when I noticed the green roads.
old man

Post by old man »

This gets stranger.
Got in car just now, map screen came on and all roads in grey. Drove to other end of village, switched car off and locked it. Got back in 5 mins later, map screen now showing a nearby A road in green and all other roads in grey. A five minute drive back home and on arrival, all roads in the area are showing green.
Now I don't really care what colour the roads are unless I have the navigation on, but this does seem rather odd.
Whilst writing this, it occurs to me that maybe the system takes a few minutes to populate as it finds satellites. Can't think of any other explanation.
Berty

Post by Berty »

So I drove with a route on and one without a route one different coloured maps as well. I've a green edging to some roads but they're inconsistent. Must be a reason Tomtom(who manage the maps) did it for Hyundai.

So some grey roads are housing estates but some roads with a green edging were not major or minor roads but public areas that have the likes of b&q amongst others. Both have public access and aren't A,B or M roads.

So, nope don't know.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV