Post by EJH »

I'll be interested as well. 🀞
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

WMiller

Post by WMiller »

italianjob1970 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:17 pm I've just ordered the Motorola MA1 Android Auto wireless adapter, will see what it's like when it arrives tomorrow.
This is what I have been using since getting my car last June, and it has worked flawlessly so far. If I remember correctly, this is the only dongle that is recommended by Google too.

The downsides to a wireless adaptor seems to be that the battery on my phone (Google Pixel 7 Pro) drains really quickly over long journeys. Also, the cars wireless charging function doesn't work, as I think the phone would be running too hot with the wireless AA and wireless charging at the same time, so it cuts the charging capability to avoid this. However it does charge fine with a cable while running wireless AA.

Apart from the charging issue, the Motorola MA1 has worked fine for me.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

WMiller wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:27 am
italianjob1970 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:17 pm I've just ordered the Motorola MA1 Android Auto wireless adapter, will see what it's like when it arrives tomorrow.
This is what I have been using since getting my car last June, and it has worked flawlessly so far. If I remember correctly, this is the only dongle that is recommended by Google too.

The downsides to a wireless adaptor seems to be that the battery on my phone (Google Pixel 7 Pro) drains really quickly over long journeys. Also, the cars wireless charging function doesn't work, as I think the phone would be running too hot with the wireless AA and wireless charging at the same time, so it cuts the charging capability to avoid this. However it does charge fine with a cable while running wireless AA.

Apart from the charging issue, the Motorola MA1 has worked fine for me.
I expect I will use the wireless charging when using wireless AA. I've got an S23 and it seems to charge reasonably fast on the wireless charger, it gets warm but not hot.
23 Tucson 230 HEV
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

To be honest, if you have to charge the phone anyway, why bother with a wireless dongle? And, if you have to put the phone on the wireless mat to charge it, you l=might as well plug it in.

At least, that;s how I think.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

alan sh wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 am To be honest, if you have to charge the phone anyway, why bother with a wireless dongle? And, if you have to put the phone on the wireless mat to charge it, you l=might as well plug it in.

Alan
Because I just want to get in the car and drive without having to plug/unplug my phone every time. On a journey to/from work the phone just stays in my pocket, it would only need to go on the wireless charger
on a long journey.
23 Tucson 230 HEV
XADE

Post by XADE »

italianjob1970 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:00 am
alan sh wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 am To be honest, if you have to charge the phone anyway, why bother with a wireless dongle? And, if you have to put the phone on the wireless mat to charge it, you l=might as well plug it in.

Alan
Because I just want to get in the car and drive without having to plug/unplug my phone every time. On a journey to/from work the phone just stays in my pocket, it would only need to go on the wireless charger
on a long journey.
This, also makes me want the Motorola dongle. Unplugging to use parking barriers is pretty annoying too in my case. Think I'll just bite the bullet.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

XADE wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:30 pm

Alan
on a long journey.
This, also makes me want the Motorola dongle. Unplugging to use parking barriers is pretty annoying too in my case. Think I'll just bite the bullet.
OK, so I've had it fitted since lunchtime today and it works really well!! The nice thing about it is that it tucks neatly under the charging port area so you can't see it.

I tested Google maps on the way home from work and Spotify via the steering wheel voice control button, all worked flawlessly.

The only thing I haven't sussed out yet is how to get the infotainment to start up with the radio when starting the car. Then I can use the favourite button to switch to Android Auto on demand.
23 Tucson 230 HEV
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

italianjob1970 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:11 pm

on a long journey.
OK, so I've had it fitted since lunchtime today and it works really well!! The nice thing about it is that it tucks neatly under the charging port area so you can't see it.

I tested Google maps on the way home from work and Spotify via the steering wheel voice control button, all worked flawlessly.

The only thing I haven't sussed out yet is how to get the infotainment to start up with the radio when starting the car. Then I can use the favourite button to switch to Android Auto on demand.
Open Android Auto on your phone, and turn the 'Start Music Automaitcally' toggle to Off. Then, no media from AA will begin until you choose it to, and the radio will continue even though AA starts.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

WMiller wrote: ↑Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:05 pm
italianjob1970 wrote: ↑Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:11 pm

Open Android Auto on your phone, and turn the 'Start Music Automaitcally' toggle to Off. Then, no media from AA will begin until you choose it to, and the radio will continue even though AA starts.
Awesome!! Thanks.
23 Tucson 230 HEV
Berty

Post by Berty »

Received a Carlinkit 4.0 in the post. Anybody have one and can troubleshoot? First off it shows apple car play on the screen instead of Android and when you click it it does open and show a weird resolution of Android Auto. Changing it in Dev settings or the background setting of carlink doesn't fix it.

Going into Hyundai settings and turning off car play to force it into android auto doesn't work because I guess it thinks it's a car play adapter (that does work with android auto) so it won't open unless you've both toggled on.

Quite annoying as if I can't fix the resolution then it's for the scrap electrical drawer.

If you one and have solve it then I'd like to know more. Thanks
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post