Android Auto, Google Maps and radio, simultaneously

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Berty

Post by Berty »

I bought one of these on Aliexpress for £30
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Andro ... C74&sr=8-4

It works flawlessly for 2 hrs and then then it broke. I've a refund on it and I have both a more rounded well known brand called Carlinkit and I both the newer 4.0 model, again from China but they're all the same regardless of where you get it. I paid €58 inc delivery but buying direct from Carlinkit is way more than that. I'm pretty sure the Carlinkit will be more reliable.

What I did notice, with the cheaper one(when it worked), the car was charging so somehow kept the power to the USB so that when I was in the house(near the car I guess) my phone was picking up its Wifi signal forcing me to be on 4G instead. Annoying but maybe the car burned it out, I don't know.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

mah006

Post by mah006 »

EJH wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:15 pm New in Auto Express today. Dare I try it? Tempting as it is......
I have that product & it works really well :D
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
EJH

Post by EJH »

It looks the biz, & has a 2 year warranty. Got a long road trip to Naples Italy soon & I would like to use AA without faffing about with plugs. No stock though.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

I have the carlinkit 4.0. It's not perfect just like many of these so called dongles, but the majority of the time it works as expected.
Berty

Post by Berty »

Hyun-day! wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:34 am I have the carlinkit 4.0. It's not perfect just like many of these so called dongles, but the majority of the time it works as expected.
My wired AA over the passed few days has gone to "Media off" and I have to unplug/plug back the cable and it works again. My Seat used to reset the infotainment when connected as well(different phones) so either it's my cable or the car but when my Carlinkit arrives that should help answer that. True they won't be perfect but interesting to see if it retains power when the car is off when the car is charging.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Berty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:43 am
Hyun-day! wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:34 am I have the carlinkit 4.0. It's not perfect just like many of these so called dongles, but the majority of the time it works as expected.
My wired AA over the passed few days has gone to "Media off" and I have to unplug/plug back the cable and it works again. My Seat used to reset the infotainment when connected as well(different phones) so either it's my cable or the car but when my Carlinkit arrives that should help answer that. True they won't be perfect but interesting to see if it retains power when the car is off when the car is charging.
I've had that a few times and my resolution is the same as yours. I'm gonna try a different cable to see if it sorts it.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

EJH wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:27 pm It looks the biz, & has a 2 year warranty. Got a long road trip to Naples Italy soon & I would like to use AA without faffing about with plugs. No stock though.
I have a Smartworld AA-CP wireless adaptor for sale if your interested( £75), i bought it for my partners Sportage but she never used it so i decided to sell
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
EJH

Post by EJH »

mah006 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:25 pm
EJH wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:27 pm It looks the biz, & has a 2 year warranty. Got a long road trip to Naples Italy soon & I would like to use AA without faffing about with plugs. No stock though.
I have a Smartworld AA-CP wireless adaptor for sale if your interested( £75), i bought it for my partners Sportage but she never used it so i decided to sell
Hi, thanks for the kind offer. I've committed to the AAWireless direct with the supplier.
Hope you find it a good home soon 👍
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
EJH

Post by EJH »

A quiet weekend on the forum. Everyone must be Tucson happy 😊
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

I've just ordered the Motorola MA1 Android Auto wireless adapter, will see what it's like when it arrives tomorrow.
23 Tucson 230 HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post