Road speed sign alerts

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Skeeling

Post by Skeeling »

Southern Lad wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:56 am Ah sorry ingerz misread your post. No nothing on mine warns me of over speed prior to the camera. The only way I know if I'm over speed is the bonking stays on until I drop speed to the correct level or I notice the red ring around speed on display. Followed by a different bong after the camera. 👍
So how do I get the bonging sound when I go over speed limit. I get the road sign turning red but no bong. Would love the boing sound to remind me to take my foot off the accelerator. Thanks

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Skeeling wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:50 pm So how can I get the bonging noise when I go over the speed limit. I get the sign turning red on dashboard but would love a bonging noise to remind me to slow down. Thanks
Bluelink/More/User Profile/ Vehicle Settings/Navigation Settings/Alerts/Camera Alert
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Southern Lad wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:17 pm
Skeeling wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:50 pm So how can I get the bonging noise when I go over the speed limit. I get the sign turning red on dashboard but would love a bonging noise to remind me to slow down. Thanks
Bluelink/More/User Profile/ Vehicle Settings/Navigation Settings/Alerts/Camera Alert
Isn’t that just the speed camera warning again? I think what he wants is literally an audible warning whenever he may be above the speed limit at any point when driving.

As far as I know the car can’t do that, probably because the speed recognition is far from infallible. There’s a stretch of road near me that it often identifies as a 100mph road!! (It’s actually a 30). I’ve also often seen it stay on 30 or 40 when the road has actually become a national speed limit stretch of road. An audible ‘warning’ in that scenario would drive you mad!
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Mar10 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:26 pm
Southern Lad wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:17 pm
Isn’t that just the speed camera warning again? I think what he wants is literally an audible warning whenever he may be above the speed limit at any point when driving.

As far as I know the car can’t do that, probably because the speed recognition is far from infallible. There’s a stretch of road near me that it often identifies as a 100mph road!! (It’s actually a 30). I’ve also often seen it stay on 30 or 40 when the road has actually become a national speed limit stretch of road. An audible ‘warning’ in that scenario would drive you mad!
Both myself and I think it was Richarde, discussed this on another post. You're right though, it does not make a sound in normal operation. You just get the speed limit symbol going red.
Philr

Post by Philr »

There is a setting for it detailed here :-
http://webmanual.hyundai.com/STD_GEN5W/ ... tance.html

Whether it's available or not I know not.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
RickF

Post by RickF »

there is an audible warning bong if you go over the limit. I turned mine off as some roads have 2 speed limit signs one for HGV's and one for cars, the car decides the HGV one is correct and the bonging got on my nerves.
It is in the sounds/warning settings.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post