ppf

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
russellblair

Post by russellblair »

can anyone tell me how to make sure you don't have the following problems with the PPf , car stuttering ,loss of power ,poor fuel consumption ,if you take the car on a long drive i.e.250mls it seems to clear the filter but not for long any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Gmat

Post by Gmat »

Did you mean DPF, diesel particulate filter. We have recently bought a diesel Tucson and this is our first car with a DPF. It will be mainly used by my partner and will mostly cover short journeys. I have a 44 mile each way motorway commute, which when I get back to work was going to use the Tucson once a week to keep the DPF clear. According to Auto expert on YouTube you should take it for a longer run every couple of weeks. I believe it needs about 2000 revs/pm constant for about 20-30mins, so a blast up a dual carriageway/motorway in a lower gear to get the higher revs. That's what the manual said for my previous diesel Euro 4 non DPF.

Just checked manual for my car and it suggests speed to exceed 37mph or when the engine rpm is between 1,500 and 2,000 with the gear in the 2nd position or above for approx 25mins - section 7-90
Donver

Post by Donver »

I have a Tuscan n line petrol and am having problems with the petrol particulate filter.Basically it is blocking up every 250-300 miles and in between blocking up the car does not run right and is stutters.Have had one forced regeneration at garage and had to drive unessesary trips twice for 40 miles to clean the filter.Dealer never even knew it had a particulate filter to start with.Basically they have no fix and say it’s my driving style,but I drive short trips between my home and work,then another short trip to take my daughter to school.My main problem is I was never told that this car is unsuitable for short trips when I bought it.

just wondered if anyone else is having problems?
Timb

Post by Timb »

My Tucson 2019 started to stutter under acceleration have taken to main dealer,
They’ve had it for two days . they tell me they’ve opened a case with Hyundai and so far it will cost £300.
Not happy as only done 3500 miles since new.
Now heard it’s the Lambda sensor which is arriving in two days, I now suspect this has caused all the problems wondering if anyone else had had this problem and if so was it a warranty issue,Thanks
LAGGA

Post by LAGGA »

Hi Timb
Took my 2019 (69 plate) Diesel / Hybrid to a dealer for a ECU update also for a Lambda sensor which advised was a recall item under warranty when this was taken in advised by the service department the ECU would be done ,not the Lambda sensor has this was not required under my VIN
This should be covered under warranty has your vehicle is just over 12 months old Hyundai cover vehicles for 5 years
Carfanatic1973

Post by Carfanatic1973 »

russellblair wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:50 am can anyone tell me how to make sure you don't have the following problems with the PPf , car stuttering ,loss of power ,poor fuel consumption ,if you take the car on a long drive i.e.250mls it seems to clear the filter but not for long any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Carfanatic1973

Post by Carfanatic1973 »

Thank the car gods,I'm not the only one,got my 1.6 t-gdi se connect new on 31/03/2023 noticed after about 2800 miles the car wasn't pulling right,hesitation,stuttering,throttle full of flat spots,I could feel the car jerking,took to the dealer they got a mechanic to drive with me as a passenger,he ended up thrashing up the road,ended up advising me to use a particular petrol brand in future,took car back and it continued with hesitancy and lack of pull,I stuck it a few weeks and booked it in again,this time they kept it 3weeks,didn't go into great detail regarding what they did but car was perfect like the day I got it,that was near 3months ago....Guess what?? Its starting to do same thing again ,now has just over 5500miles,I mostly do short journeys but give it a good boot up the motorway when I'm on it,everything on the diagnostics is showing all is normal,no lights etc illuminating,I've driven diesel cars (2 in 10yrs,both had dpf with no issues) I just feel I'm never gonna be far away from the dealer,the whole reasoning to get a new car was I wanted no hassle but I've more aggro than with my last 2 cars both over 10yrs old respectively,the cars due it's first service end of march,il probably suffer on with it till then,it's not dangerous but it is very aggravating,I'd wanted another diesel but wasn't an option when I was looking at cars last January,love the car,never had a hyundai in my 33yrs driving but this issue is seriously tainting my opinion,is it possible to disconnect the ppf,I'm assuming that's the issue,I've heard lambda sensor can cause very similar problems and errors,is it too much to expect a new motor to drive smoothly and efficiently and without these issues?? Sorry for the long rant