Fuel Filler Flap not sitting flush

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
terryp

Post by terryp »

I bought my Tucson from a Broker but have it serviced at my local Hyundai dealer. They fixed the filler flap FOC with no quibbles as it's plainly a Warranty issue.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

mah006

Post by mah006 »

VB32 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:14 pm Please can I ask when they did this? I’m wondering is it because I bought my car via Autoebid - so Hutchings are not the supplying dealer. I have also emailed Hyundai customer care for their views on charging customer for what appears common fault with Tucson - waiting on their response ….
They completed my 1st service last March & they said when i mentioned it, it was a common fault on the Tucson
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Unless their business model has changed, car brokers only provide prices for those cars for which they have dealer contacts. That means that all new cars originate from one supplying dealer or another.

Brokers are not in the business of servicing or repairing cars; that is where the dealer network comes in and the supplying dealer should be named in the agreement to purchase, permitting pick-up from the dealership or delivery from the dealer to the 1st owner’s premises or place of work.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
terryp

Post by terryp »

Indalo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:11 pm Unless their business model has changed, car brokers only provide prices for those cars for which they have dealer contacts. That means that all new cars originate from one supplying dealer or another.

Brokers are not in the business of servicing or repairing cars; that is where the dealer network comes in and the supplying dealer should be named in the agreement to purchase, permitting pick-up from the dealership or delivery from the dealer to the 1st owner’s premises or place of work.
I've bought three cars from brokers over the years. In each case they were reluctant to name the dealer when I offered to collect but were quite happy to deliver the car to my door (for a reasonable charge).
As the car is a UK specification my local dealer has serviced the car and carried out the warranty fuel filler cap under warranty, no questions asked.
When buying through a broker, it pays to ensure that the supplied car is to the full UK specification. Then there should be no problems with taking it to any franchised dealership.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

terryp wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:26 amI've bought three cars from brokers over the years. In each case they were reluctant to name the dealer
The broker I used was happy to quote me a best price from a named dealer or the choice of a couple of other named dealerships more local to me. As I was given the best part-ex price by the furthest away dealer, I decided to drive 200 miles as even with the fuel cost, it was still the best deal.

If a broker was reticent about supplying the dealership name of all quotes, I’d just find another broker.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
VB32

Post by VB32 »

Took my car for it’s 1st services yesterday at my local dealer, was charged £25 to have fuel filler flap adjusted. I mentioned no one else was getting charged for resolving this issue. I was told this would only be case in the first 6 months of ownership that warranty covers adjustments. Prior to car going into dealer for service, i emailed Hyundai Uk on 4th March and sent further email on 18th March to query charge for adjustment to fuel flap - as yet no reply.
Not the best ownership experience so far, although charge is minimal - the principal you have to pay for obvious issue for car still not even year old and no response from Hyundai. Don’t think I’ll be purchasing another Hyundai on this poor customer service.
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

My filler pipe has been adjusted at both the 1st & 2nd services free of charge. This is a manufacturing fault and you should not be charged for rectification. You obviously don't have one of the better dealers, but you should argue the toss and get your money refunded. Ask them to point out where it says adjustments are only carried out in the 1st 6 months !!
VB32

Post by VB32 »

I’ve just forwarded my emails to Hyundai customer care on to Andrew Ashley - CEO Hyundai to see if I can finally get response from them. I was doubting the dealer at first, but Hyundai UK have been zero help so far.

I’m glad you have a dealer who appears to be looking after you with fuel flap issue, and thank you taking time to reply - appreciated 👍

I’m more worried about further issues with car and if dealer/Hyundai say that’s not covered by warranty either.
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

VB32 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 am I’ve just forwarded my emails to Hyundai customer care on to Andrew Ashley - CEO Hyundai to see if I can finally get response from them. I was doubting the dealer at first, but Hyundai UK have been zero help so far.

I’m glad you have a dealer who appears to be looking after you with fuel flap issue, and thank you taking time to reply - appreciated 👍

I’m more worried about further issues with car and if dealer/Hyundai say that’s not covered by warranty either.
I wish you luck as yourdealer is wrong.
Unfortunately not all dealers are created equal and some just don't play fair. Hyundai does not have a good reputation for customer care on this forum, but of the several disgruntled customers who congregate here, there are many hundreds of otheres who remain satisfied. You seem to have a dealer who wants to fight you rather than help you - shame.
My dealer is a local family run affair that's been in existence since the 60s to my knowledge (not always as a Hyundai dealer). They've always been fair and courteous to me, but they do tell me that Hyundai are difficult to deal with.
I'm sure that there's other manufacturers/importers who are the same though and very often the level of service you get at a dealer is often down to the particular person you deal with on any given day.
I was a Skoda driver through most of the Covid period and I saw a lot of personnel changes at my local dealer in that time, many of whom were new to the game and had little clue what they were talking about.
Perhaps see if you can seek out a person at your dealership who's been there a while and will treat you fairly _the dealer principle perhaps ?
VB32

Post by VB32 »

I’ve spoken to two people now in the dealership who both gave same answer, it’s a charge.

I will see if Hyundai Uk get back to me, but will try the dealer principal for my local dealer - Hutchings. I know another member on here had his done FOC at Hutchings. I mentioned this yesterday and was fobbed off with 6 month rule.

£25 charge is not issue more the principal that it’s a common fault with the model and also assurance of customer care with this company. Although I had similar issue with Audi Uk few years ago, not bought from their brand since.
Last edited by VB32 on Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post