Fuel Filler Flap not sitting flush

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

VB32 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:25 am Took my car for it’s 1st services yesterday at my local dealer, was charged £25 to have fuel filler flap adjusted. I mentioned no one else was getting charged for resolving this issue. I was told this would only be case in the first 6 months of ownership that warranty covers adjustments.
My local dealer 'fixed' mine at 9 months F.O.C. I say 'fixed', because it's back to being slight proud again :( . The reason being: there is no adjustment; the fix seems to involve elongating the mounting holes and forcing the pipework into a different position :roll: (aka a 'bodge'!)

Did you buy the car from your local dealer? If so, you could invoke the Consumer Rights Act 2015 - totally separate to the manufacturer Warranty.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

VB32

Post by VB32 »

Update
Just recieved email from after sales manager, Hutchings - offering to refund the money paid for adjusting the fuel filler flap.

This as come out of blue, but can only assume my email to Andrew Ashley CEO Hyundai Uk, this morning has been forwarded on to Hutchings.

Finally got the fuel filler flap issue corrected free of charge , that should have been case all along.

Thank you, all for help/advice on this matter. 👍
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

Result, pays to stick to your gune when you know you're in the right.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

PhilHornby wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 amyou could invoke the Consumer Rights Act 2015
Many people are unaware of the potential for dispute resolution enshrined in this piece of law but it has produced great results for many who have felt other channels were weighted in favour of car makers, car sellers, and the motor trade in general.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
vactorman

Post by vactorman »

The car went in for it's first service today picked up and returned and filler cap fixed
andrewsmith

Post by andrewsmith »

vactorman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:29 pm The car went in for it's first service today picked up and returned and filler cap fixed
Yes - as of today this should be dealt with FOC at service as Hyundai have contacted all their dealers. However as it is not a safety issue there won't be a recall.

Well done Hyundai and well done to the power of the forum.
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

Took my Tucson to local dealer for the curtain airbag safety recall check & they did the fuel filler flush repair at the same time.
Nice to get both done at same time!
2022 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) 230ps Ultimate: UK
Dark Knight Moss Grey interior.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Lawman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 pm Took my Tucson to local dealer for the curtain airbag safety recall check & they did the fuel filler flush repair at the same time.
Nice to get both done at same time!
Exactly the same here today, car looks so much better with the filler flap sitting flush.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
NickDEmmett

Post by NickDEmmett »

I mentioned this to my local dealership today and they stated it's a non-urgent recall so they'll fix it at the next service.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate T-Gdi Hev
SteevieWeevie

Post by SteevieWeevie »

Booked my 2022 in for service today and mentioned it as an issue. The chap immediately knew about it and said that it’s a recognised service point to correct it, so it would have been done whether I’d mentioned it or not. Nice to know, though.
Tucson Ultimate Hybrid - Shimmering Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post